2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv bought jude’s Milano CTR and he’s plastidipped the mirror caps black, it’s not the best finish and let’s the car down.

You guys with red cars whove changed your mirror caps to black have you then painted/wrapped etc. Iv been quoted £70 to wrap them gloss black. But then I see I can buy brand new Night hawk black mirror caps for the same cost, ok it’s not quite gloss black, but I wonder if any one on hear has gone down that route ?

Penny for thoughts

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
If you're confident enough, have a go at wrapping them yourself. It's not as hard as you think wrapping after a couple of goes. The wrap can be peeled off several times and put back on if you get it wrong. The wrap isn't that expensive either. Some good You tube how to video to watch out there to help.

If I can manage this shape below after a couple of goes I would think you should be able to do a mirror cap after practicing and get the satisfaction you did it yourself.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Iv bought jude’s Milano CTR and he’s plastidipped the mirror caps black, it’s not the best finish and let’s the car down.

You guys with red cars whove changed your mirror caps to black have you then painted/wrapped etc. Iv been quoted £70 to wrap them gloss black. But then I see I can buy brand new Night hawk black mirror caps for the same cost, ok it’s not quite gloss black, but I wonder if any one on hear has gone down that route ?

Penny for thoughts

Hi I got mine hydro dipped carbon, great job £60 for both, maybe another thing to think about, here’s a pic the tweeter I dipped

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm ***** at wrapping :smile3:
Just a matter of practice, start off with simple stuff, work your way onto more complex things, having a nice sharp scapel helps as well.

Thankfully I dabbled with real pre-preg carbon fibre as an apprentice for a little while so got all the experience from that and transferred it to wrapping!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're confident enough, have a go at wrapping them yourself. It's not as hard as you think wrapping after a couple of goes. The wrap can be peeled off several times and put back on if you get it wrong. The wrap isn't that expensive either. Some good You tube how to video to watch out there to help.

If I can manage this shape below after a couple of goes I would think you should be able to do a mirror cap after practicing and get the satisfaction you did it yourself.
Thought never really crossed my mind to be fair, hmmm maybe have a go before I spunk money on NHB caps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts