2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
easy peasy mate. Pop the mirror out and the screws are right in front of you, youll require a torx screwdriver mind you, think there are 3 screws holding it on

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
That looks awsome mate!!! Just PM'd you with instructions on how to fit them not realising you'd already done it. :facepalm:

Not seen black with contrasting mirrors been done before but it looks immense... I think this will inspire more NHB owners!

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
That looks awsome mate!!! Just PM'd you with instructions on how to fit them not realising you'd already done it. :facepalm:

Not seen black with contrasting mirrors been done before but it looks immense... I think this will inspire more NHB owners!
Can i get these instructions please Andy (Nice name btw ;) ). Going to be fitting black ones to my silver CTR.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
I'm very rarely in Peterborough but I have been there a few times in the past couple of weeks, but I was in Peterborough mate yes, dont ask me road names cus i dont have a clue lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry to thread jack , but is there anywhere you can buy black mirror caps ? or does everyone just get them painted or find them on ebay ?

Also how do you get the mirror off to access the screws ?

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Sorry to thread jack , but is there anywhere you can buy black mirror caps ? or does everyone just get them painted or find them on ebay ?
Bought mine direct from Gordons Honda down the road from me and went to pick them up. Think it was around £50 for the pair.

I found the original caps that came off were quite stubborn and needed some force to be removed. Was quite cautious at first but all they need is a bit of force and they'll come off.

Also how do you get the mirror off to access the screws ?
Not sure which screws your on about but in order to change the caps you'll have to unscrew the 3 screws that are attaching the indicator to the cap. This will all be self explanatory once you've pulled off the old cap. Not sure what you mean about taking the mirror off.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bought mine direct from Gordons Honda down the road from me and went to pick them up. Think it was around £50 for the pair.

I found the original caps that came off were quite stubborn and needed some force to be removed. Was quite cautious at first but all they need is a bit of force and they'll come off.

Not sure which screws your on about but in order to change the caps you'll have to unscrew the 3 screws that are attaching the indicator to the cap. This will all be self explanatory once you've pulled off the old cap. Not sure what you mean about taking the mirror off.

Ok got you now , mis-read an earlier post !

Might be a dumb question but how do you pull the old cap off ?

cheers

1 - 20 of 31 Posts