2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their mirror glass just fall out of the housing? My partner was driving our car and the glass literally just fell out! As you can see from the photos the housing is perfectly intact and it’s not like anything was hit.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
How long have you had the car for?
All the clips look in tact, so would have fallen out sooner surely?

I seriously hope that the build quality hasn't suffered while all the plant closure rumblings were going on in Swindon.... :serious:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long have you had the car for?
All the clips look in tact, so would have fallen out sooner surely?

I seriously hope that the build quality hasn't suffered while all the plant closure rumblings were going on in Swindon.... :serious:

Since the end of January.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Would suggest that it's had a whack for it to pop out like that - perhaps someone hit it whilst walking past unintentionally (like a post man with his heavy post bag?)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would suggest that it's had a whack for it to pop out like that - perhaps someone hit it whilst walking past unintentionally (like a post man with his heavy post bag?)

You’d maybe think so but she was driving and suddenly the glass was on the floor behind her!

·
Registered
870 Posts
There looks to be a dent in the door moulding where the mirror has been forced round in the last picture.

I would not expect the heated glass wires to come detached or the motor plate to be ripped off without some force being used.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I see what you mean. There’s no damage to the bodywork and the mirror when folded appears to go right there so not sure if the mirror folding in has created that? I’d have thought that if that was created with an impact that there would be damage to the back of the mirror housing itself though too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts