2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above peeps, the drivers side mirror folds up at roughly half the speed of the passenger mirror. I suspect sod unit.

Passenger side mirror doesn't heat up at all. I've had the mirror off, both the connections are in place.

Thoughts, ideas welcome.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
hi mate I get these all the time at work, for the heating mirror, the elements in the mirror just tend to fade out so its usually solved with a new mirror glass. as for the folding mirror, ive had a few where it just needs a bit of wd40 on the hinge it swings on, if not it will be the motor in the mirror dying out, which will be a new mirror unit itself. hope this helps
check out aroden, hes the guy you want to talk to from brindley motors. discounted oem Honda parts cheap!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 dark 2 do anything about it today. I will swap the Sod's over tomorrow.

At least that will answer the folding problem.

I will swap the mirrors over as well to test if there is power on the passenger side for the mirror.

One way or another I should get some answers. :)

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: so I took both mirrors to bits today. Swapped the Sod's over and now the passenger mirror is the slow one, so it is the sod unit that is at fault.

I then connected the passenger mirror to the drivers side and it didn't heat up (the drivers mirror did heat up on the passenger side) so it looks like I need a new passenger mirror.

I will give cox a phone tomorrow, thanks for all the suggestions guys! ;)

Reactions: stuey88

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
As above peeps, the drivers side mirror folds up at roughly half the speed of the passenger mirror. I suspect sod unit.

mine did this and it was the SOD unit and in the end struggled to go all the way, I would obviously give the mirror joint a little lube but suspect you need the SOD sorting

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Update: so I took both mirrors to bits today. Swapped the Sod's over and now the passenger mirror is the slow one, so it is the sod unit that is at fault.

I then connected the passenger mirror to the drivers side and it didn't heat up (the drivers mirror did heat up on the passenger side) so it looks like I need a new passenger mirror.

I will give cox a phone tomorrow, thanks for all the suggestions guys! ;)
Send the faulty one to Syx for repair. He did a great job on mine;
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/91011-folding-mirror-shut-off-device-sod-repair.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts