2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been trying to get this mirrorlink thing up and running but to no avail.

I have a Galaxy Note Edge which has mirrorlink capability but I cant find any menu on the car infotainment system to activate the connection.

Has anybody got this working yet.

The guy in this video seems to have a link button which I don't have (i know its an american model but you would think there would be some similarities.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,389 Posts
I remember fighting with my MY13 when I first got it wondering why I had a different menu structure to the manual.

Then I put the handbrake on.

Also, I think some items need the key in position 2.

Probably not the issue but you never know.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ive not connected via Mirrorlink personally, but one of my colleagues has and he mention about the USB settings in the settings menu. (This may be phone specifc how its worded or if its there in either settings or in mirrorlink on the phone)

This is the decription from Samsung site.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e9dnehzpjb33iz/Mirrorlink.JPG?dl=0

That may help you.

There is no additional menu on the Honda Connect, it should just provide the Right arrow on the Home screen, or you can access via the Smartphone icon in the source popup menu in Audio.

You should disregard anything relating to the US version as the European version uses a completely different operating system, even thou the look of the unit is similar.

·
Registered
143 Posts
To be able to connect to mirrorlink you need to have both bluetooth and USB connected. If you haven't connected bluetooth the android device will say that mirrorlink is active but the Honda Connect won't recognize it.

Par the phone with bluetooth, then connect it via USB aswell and you should find an arrow on the right side of your home screen.

I've tried several phones in several cars and none of those problems I see in that video is present on the european version.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Just to try and clarify things, this is the connection process. (Thou this related to the HTC One M 8)

The connection process is as follows:
  • Connect and Pair the phone to the Honda Connect through Bluetooth
  • Ensure that the 'USB network setting' option on the phone is set to 'Mirrorlink connection'. (Could is probably different from phone to phone).
  • Connect the phone to one of the USB ports.
  • Wait for a few seconds for an additional page to appear on the HOME screens (to the right)
  • Mirrorlink should now be running.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I still cant get anywhere with this.

The bluetooth is connected to the car as is the mirrorlink (little blue icon appears on top bar of phone confirming this) but thats as far as i get.

Even tried both usb ports

(Thanks for your help guys, its appreciated)

I haven't been able to get the car connected to the internet due to crap 4g access and not being able get it to pick up the wireless network at work or home, its maybe just the matter of a firmware upgrade or someting.

·
Registered
143 Posts
As Steve says. Maybe there´s something in your phone. If you scroll down the roll list, does it say it's connected to mirrorlink?

And if it does, are there an arrow here as illustrated? If so, that's mirrorlink. Scroll right or push the arrow. :)

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And there is no mirror link settings in your phone menu? It does sound like the USB is not outputing Signal
No mirror link settings as such.

There is a menu called "NFC and Sharing" and within that is a button for mirrorlink.

There is a tick box for "Connect to veichle via USB" which is ticked on and is reporting that it is connected to car.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As Steve says. Maybe there´s something in your phone. If you scroll down the roll list, does it say it's connected to mirrorlink?

And if it does, are there an arrow here as illustrated? If so, that's mirrorlink. Scroll right or push the arrow. :)

Nope, no arrow :-(

·
Registered
143 Posts
Feel bad for you having these issues... Is there any way you can hook up the Connect to a wifi and search for updates?

The same on your phone, does it have the latest update?

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Feel bad for you having these issues... Is there any way you can hook up the Connect to a wifi and search for updates?

I may be able to get a connection when I Visit my mum tomorrow

Heres hoping , thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
There are no updates for the Honda Connect unit for this, but I would check your phone for updates as this is what we initially had with an HTC phone while trying to connect with mirror link.

Just because the phone is listed on the mirrorlink site, than can be the very latest version of the phone, as if you look at the certification date many are only just this year.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There are no updates for the Honda Connect unit for this, but I would check your phone for updates as this is what we initially had with an HTC phone while trying to connect with mirror link.

Just because the phone is listed on the mirrorlink site, than can be the very latest version of the phone, as if you look at the certification date many are only just this year.
Thanks for the info about the Honda connect unit, the phone is fully up to date.

Thanks

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,389 Posts
Is this any use?

As people have seen, the Mirrorlink button is initially grayed out.

To enable it you have to:

1) Plug in via USB a compatible Android Phone, in my case, a Samsung Galaxy Note II.

2) Run the client software. For Samsung devices it is Drive Link and it is free at the Samsung App Store.

DONE! The button becomes enabled and away you go!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts