2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any experience removing/refitting this trim? I need to remove and then fit it again, however i dont know if any of the clips will be broken and i dont want to remove it without having them as a backup.

On sort of the same lines, has anyone ever had the problem where the bumper seems to 'pop out' below the headlights? Ill get some pictures in a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
Do you mean the exterior trim? - around the wheel arches/etc.

There are several How To guides on here for trim and bumper removal, let me grab you a few links.

If you follow the guides then you shouldn't break anymore clips. Once the trim is loosened/removed then you'll be able to see if you need new trim or just new clips.

Yes, the front bumper can pop out. It often just needs the front bumper removed and the metal clips bending to hold the bumper in place properly.

Hmmm, I see that you have a Sports grill fitted. When I installed mine the bumper popped out frequently, until I added foam in the grill to bumper bracket - which eases the bumper over the grill clips. May you need to do this too?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no i dont have a sports grill, its the painted perspex, i enjoyed that it was a little different and required a little work haha, thanks for the links, hopefully its not too bad of a job

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it does look like that on there, apologies.

Id like a colour coded trim soon, i wonder if its worth waiting until i do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts