2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
KRaZy about it!
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've just bought a used EX GT from a Honda dealer, which I believe to me a 2009MY (it's got the USB and Aux-In connectors and the new front grid). When I'm looking at Parker's website and other similar ones, they all say that the EX GT was in production from April 2009. However, my car has a 58 plate and is recorded as being produced in January 2009.
What's the catch. Could it be that I still don't have a genuine 09MY, but instead some sort of hybrid, or am I worrying for no reason?

·
Banned
952 Posts
58 plates can be my09. models if the usb ports are in the armrest a few cw ctr's are 58 plates but my09 models the cw ctr came out in december 2008:)

·
Banned
952 Posts
3 months is the normal gestation period for pre registered cars so that figures but didnt know hoda dealers done this:confused:

·
KRaZy about it!
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that seems to answer one question but raise another one.
My VIN starts with SHHFK37809U, which indicates (according to the vin decoder) that it's an 09 car, 2.2 Diesel, built in Swindon. So far so good. However, the '78' part indicates Executive spec.

I have never heard of that spec. Mine was sold as EX GT. Discrepancy or just 2 names for the same thing?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
My VIN starts with SHHFK37809U, which indicates (according to the vin decoder) that it's an 09 car, 2.2 Diesel, built in Swindon. So far so good. However, the '78' part indicates Executive spec.

I have never heard of that spec. Mine was sold as EX GT. Discrepancy or just 2 names for the same thing?
EX is EXecutive so the same thing :) GT means it just has some added extra's that a normal EX doesn't like SAT NAV, HIDS

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts

Badged EX in uk and Executive in some other european countries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts