2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I just bought a new Android stereo from AliExpress (same as this one: https://www.amazon.fr/Autoradio-Nav...cphy=9056367&hvtargid=pla-1665979511514&psc=1), but I have two issues with the cables.

The seller made me buy an extra "CANbus" so I can keep using my steering wheel controls. Problem is one of the two main connectors isn't compatible with my car. My other problem is this cable kit also misses the green connectors to power on the dashboard display (time, A/C and radio stations info).

For now all I could do was using the standard cables with no steering wheel adapters and no connectors for the dashboard display.

Any idea where to find the right cables for this specific system? I'm afraid they don't exist at all...

Thanks

· Registered
176 Posts
I have no experience using the connects2 kits.
I have just seen a lot of members recommend them when owners were upgrading their headunit to use the steering wheel controls.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I justneed to make sure it's compatible with my unit, I'll ask the seller but if anyone here has a clue how to check, they are welcome to tell me how. Maybe a photo of the back of the unit would help?

· Registered
Civic type R Championship white
591 Posts
View attachment 327313
It worked! Top screen and steering wheel controls are finctional. I just need to figure out how to fit the radio cable from the harness provided with the unit. he explained it in his post but I just don't understand, due to my -0 electrical knowledge
Is that clipped in fully or just temporary? Just looking at that gap

· Registered
28 Posts
View attachment 327313
It worked! Top screen and steering wheel controls are finctional. I just need to figure out how to fit the radio cable from the harness provided with the unit. he explained it in his post but I just don't understand, due to my -0 electrical knowledge
What’s the performance of the display like? Can you install whatever you want on it?

· Registered
28 Posts
Smooth as smooth can be. I think it has 4GB of RAM. If you mean apps, yes, it's basically a glorified Android tablet
Thank you monsieur!
That’s a great help. Atleast now I’ve got a benchmark of performance so I can customise what I end up buying now.
If you don’t mind answering some more questions regarding it; how’s the CarPlay on it?
Did you get a reversing/360 camera?

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thank you monsieur!
That’s a great help. Atleast now I’ve got a benchmark of performance so I can customise what I end up buying now.
If you don’t mind answering some more questions regarding it; how’s the CarPlay on it?
Did you get a reversing/360 camera?
It has buit-in Carplay/Android Auto, which automatically connects to your phone via Wi-fi (I have Android, so I haven't tested CarPlay but I guess it's the same). I think you can buy a reverse camera optionally yes (I didn't).

Beware, the link I posted above isn't the stereo I bought (but I think theyr are all pretty similar).

I bought this one: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005..._list.0.0.62155e5b54mFcv&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

You can see they have many different models with different specs (including righ/left-hand drive frame)

Also worth mentioning: after peeling off the protection, it seems it has an anti-reflection system. For instance, I was using Waze and there appeared to be different layers, e.g. the road would appear sligtly above everything else, a sort of 3D effect which makes the road visible in any light condition, a nice addition I didn't notice before peeling the protection layer off.

Cheers!

· Registered
28 Posts
It has buit-in Carplay/Android Auto, which automatically connects to your phone via Wi-fi (I have Android, so I haven't tested CarPlay but I guess it's the same). I think you can buy a reverse camera optionally yes (I didn't).

Beware, the link I posted above isn't the stereo I bought (but I think theyr are all pretty similar).

I bought this one: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005..._list.0.0.62155e5b54mFcv&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

You can see they have many different models with different specs (including righ/left-hand drive frame)

Also worth mentioning: after peeling off the protection, it seems it has an anti-reflection system. For instance, I was using Waze and there appeared to be different layers, e.g. the road would appear sligtly above everything else, a sort of 3D effect which makes the road visible in any light condition, a nice addition I didn't notice before peeling the protection layer off.

Cheers!
Right, thanks a lot, you are the wealth of information I was hoping to find!!
most people who replied to me pushed me away from the android units but I want them as a matter of preference.
RE: connects2, if I buy this or a similar headunit, do I need both the CANbus and the connects2? Or just the connects2 for steering wheel controls and the clock/ac display?

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right, thanks a lot, you are the wealth of information I was hoping to find!!
most people who replied to me pushed me away from the android units but I want them as a matter of preference.
RE: connects2, if I buy this or a similar headunit, do I need both the CANbus and the connects2? Or just the connects2 for steering wheel controls and the clock/ac display?
Sorry, incomplete response: just the Connects2 but you'll need to find a way to add the aerial connector to it (available with the harness included with the unit) and find a workaround so the unit doesn't turn off completely each time turn off the ignition/start the car. The provided harness does all that, I think the solution is to combine it with the Connects 2, which the member of the French forum did. If you know how to do that, I'm interested (for now, I have no radio and the unit is disconnected each time I pull the key out, which may not be so good)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts