2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a 2nd hand Honda Civic 2006 1.8 EX model and I need advice related to the sat nav. The navigation disc is missing. The data in the navigation manual is as on the attached picture. Can anyone give me some advice about which disc I need to get to use the navigation. I saw in the forum that if there is a difference in versions, the navigation will not work. I don't mind if it is only for uk. I'm new to Honda and will be gratefull if somebody could help me with that. Thanks a lot.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,731 Posts
Sadly, some previous owners think it's clever to remove the disc and sell it privately. Same thing with the centre armrest USB connector.

If the advert had SatNav in the advert then you have some recourse to get them to provide it.

If not then you need to be a supporter here to get access to a source so all is not lost.

Reactions: Kirosd

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Even if you get the original disc, it's likely to be an old version. Better to become a forum supporter and get the latest version.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even if you get the original disc, it's likely to be an old version. Better to become a forum supporter and get the latest version.
How can i do that? I was looking for link or something similar and couldn't find it.

·
Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
150 Posts
I will take a pic of the one in my FN2 and see if the guy i bought it off still sells the same version on Ebay. Will post it later.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,731 Posts
If you go to the FAQ area there is a link to becoming a Premium Member

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,731 Posts
Be interesting to hear whether you get the original disc pictured or a DVDR copy that is sometimes the case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Be interesting to hear whether you get the original disc pictured or a DVDR copy that is sometimes the case.
I'll let you know when it arrives but how can I understand is it original or not if it looks the same?

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,731 Posts
You'll know, when it arrives, whether the label is etched or printed.

Reactions: Kirosd

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Original dvd versus copy, at the risk of getting an error ridden copy opt for the original as being error free this prevents the additional wear and tear to the navigation system reader caused by badly made copies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 318178

LATEST 2018 HONDA SAT NAV DVD MAP UPDATE DISC VER.3.C0 WEST | eBay
I would suggest you message him first to confirm compatibility, but this is the disc I use in my FN2 Navi/Handsfree.
View attachment 318178

LATEST 2018 HONDA SAT NAV DVD MAP UPDATE DISC VER.3.C0 WEST | eBay
I would suggest you message him first to confirm compatibility, but this is the disc I use in my FN2 Navi/Handsfree.
Your comment was very helpful. My disc arrived, looks exactly as yours. I tested it and it works just fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts