2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone else has come across the same issue as me. I was informed by a friend driving behind me that one of my tail lights had blown, as it wasn't working.

Once home I investigated, only to find that the bulb wasn't even there! Furthermore there doesn't even appear to be the wiring for it! :surprise:

(image below, cannot post with image due to account restriction)

Does anyone else have this issue and are there any tips to get a tail light here? I would assume I'd have to cut into some wires somewhere and extend the wiring, maybe from the other tail light?

All advice welcome and appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah, okay so it looks like I can't post the image or link to the image due to my account... I hope people are familiar enough with the issue... Sorry guys

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Should look like this....

Are you sure it hasn't retracted into the wing?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Not sure that's the image you meant to post Flashy :D

OP - check the other side, to see if the wiring is the same. The 8th gen has two clusters on each side - one in the boot lid, and one in the wing. You want to check inside the pop-off covers on the inside of the boot - there are two long-ish panels that need to be removed to access both sides. Check the bulbs in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the idea I'm getting is: there should be wiring in there somewhere?

The socket where the bulb should go has some odd metal cap on it... like it's supposed to be sealed.

·
Banned
230 Posts
So the idea I'm getting is: there should be wiring in there somewhere?

The socket where the bulb should go has some odd metal cap on it... like it's supposed to be sealed.
which side is it with the problem?

I dont know what the arrangement is on the civics,but is that the N/s fog your looking at? I dont know if some civics have just the o/s/r fog.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
The wires have two twist clips that slot into the two holes in the pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay I'm a complete idiot... You guys, I apologise. It would appear that I'm a certified nitwit.

The "missing" bulb is intact the blank where the foglight is on the other side...

There is infact a blown bulb right next to it, which I mistook for a different bulb.

Thanks for the swift replies and suggestions, but I'm just dumb it would seem!

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts