2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like listening to mixed CDs like Hed Kandi.

I have ripped the CDs and then burned them onto a data CD.

BUT now I get little gaps between each of the tunes, this is annoying :mad:

Anyone know a way to sort this?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Have also noticed that, I use Hed Kandi Chillout to save fuel [smilie=cheeky-grin:.
Do you mean the software where you set up the burning can remove the gaps (i.e. make one large MP3-file)?
I use Deep Burner now but haven't checked wether it can remove gaps.
Had to replace the DVD-burner last week, and got Nero 7 with it. Not tried it yet.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thanks. Have not installed Itunes yet - will check out my installed first.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can you burn the whole CD as one MP3 file? You'd have to fast-forward to get to certain parts of it...but you'd definitely have no gaps.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I think it's just the way it's reading the next MP3 track. I get the same. You'll probably have to go back to the standard audio disc format to get continuous play (with inter track pauses off).

Phil.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
We discussed this during lunch break.
One of the guys asked if there is any setting in the built-in reader that can remove the gap?
(Yes - he's also thinking that the car is adding the gap and not the burner).
If not - only possibility I see is to make large MP3 files with multiple tunes.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I think it's just the way it's reading the next MP3 track. I get the same. You'll probably have to go back to the standard audio disc format to get continuous play (with inter track pauses off).

Phil.
I use Window media player to rip them to WMA files and then use Nero to burn them selecting the WMA file option. You get no gaps ( unless you specify you want gaps ) and you can fit several albums on one cdr. The Civic head unit can read WMA files and display all the album, track and artist information. Perfect, and saved me shelling out for the ipod lead [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Nice. I got Nero last week and use WMA 192 kbits/s. I will try this out.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
We discussed this during lunch break.
One of the guys asked if there is any setting in the built-in reader that can remove the gap?
(Yes - he's also thinking that the car is adding the gap and not the burner).
If not - only possibility I see is to make large MP3 files with multiple tunes.
It's not the car adding the gaps, it will just read the cd as it is burned. With a mixed cd you can still skip between the individual tracks but if you listen to it from start to finish there are no gaps, so whatever format you burn in unless you specify you want gaps or the software is set to burn with gaps by default then you won't get them.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Nice. I got Nero last week and use WMA 192 kbits/s. I will try this out.
GHGH, A quick tip, I had a few failed burned cdr's burning at the maximum speed determined by Nero. So I manually slow the burn rate setting down to a quite low one and have had no problems. You may be ok, but it depends on your writer. :D

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm using something called Roxio. I guess Nero sounds like the way forward!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I don't know this topic very well, but I recall having read about the competition between Roxio and Nero, indicating that they are equal.
Maybe you have an old version. My PC is 3 years old and came with Roxio. Had to replace the DVD-burner last week, and then I suddlenly had a quite new version of Nero....

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I like listening to mixed CDs like Hed Kandi.
Ah, fellow Hed Kandi listeners! [smilie=upyeah.gif]

I use iTunes and even with the option of turning the gap off it still leaves a tiny gap between tracks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts