2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Can anyone help

I want to do the wiring on my towbar for mk8, can i just wire this direct with connectors or do i need to have a relay or anything like that ?

·
Administrator
18,066 Posts
You initially posted the thread in the 'How To' section which is meant for handy dandy guides not questions, so we eventually moved your thread to the correct section ;) (via the 'Should Have Read the Rules' section).

When you buy generic tow bar wiring it usually comes with all the required components (e.g. beeper) and they aren't expensive. Why don't you check them out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

can any one help me with this i need to know what color wire connect to what color wire on the car for the electrics

thank you

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Nope... an ask and leave person.

I had a towbar fitted... didn't do it myself, but it does have a connection from the FUSE box to power it, I think they used a Universal Bypass relay.

To be fair, for £220 I didn't care too much, i expected a cheap job, but the electrics have lifetime warranty!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
fitted the towbar myself ,used honda wiring ,pretty straight forward job ,plugs into rear lights connectors (original honda wiring does not come with beeper )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts