2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
i-Vtec
4,426 Posts
If you look there is a part number for the complete unit and part numbers for the bush if you ever decided you just wanted to replace that. The shock comes complete with that bush.

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
No The Honda shock only ones may not come with the bush inserted.
They also cost £200 more than the Sachs ones that are exactly the same - so that Honda label is f%cking expensive!

·
Registered
988 Posts
My Dad commented that if one were to buy individual parts from the $tealer then the price of a car would come to something astronomical like that of a Rolls Royce...

I've ordered two bolts

90172-SAA-010
(PFKL987542)

The catalogue page doesn't show the end nut, I'm assuming it'll come as a whole with nut and bolt!

It might still beat the AutoDoc order :censored:

·
Registered
47 Posts
The head of the bolt on mine is in very bad condition and the nut is the same. Surely it would be better replacing the bolt?

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
Honda of course recommend replacing the bolt, but then they sell them.
It's a one off and £10 the pair, if yours are damaged then it's better to get new ones.

The Sachs shocks come with all the top fittings including a new nut so no need to buy anything else.

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
there is no nut on the bottom bolt, the "bolt" is part of the axle like what Das said already

I got mine from my local H dealer and paid £9.65 for the pair.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Ah that makes sense... Wasn't clear from looking at it!

Lings are expensive yes but no $tealers near me, well the only one that is a combined Mazda/Honda one with a bias towards Mazda.

Doubt I'd find one in stock to just pick up by Wed so I'm gambling Lings will deliver then, mind you Autodoc's order is stuck in Germany. I'd have got an eBay part and paid a bit more if I knew Autodoc delivery time was this slow!

·
i-Vtec
4,426 Posts
The head of the bolt on mine is in very bad condition and the nut is the same. Surely it would be better replacing the bolt?
Give it a good wire brushing first. Ive done two sets of rear shocks now and the bolts all look rusty, but came out no issues. Brush the threads, undo them s little bit , tighten them up and more WD40 job done.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Autodoc refunded me £13 for some reason as part of some sort of loyalty scheme which is nice.

Don't think it's going to arrive in time for Wed work training so I can't fit them whilst on Zoom :censored:

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I got all mine delivered today, nice little bundle ready for the bank hol weekend.

Here is a question for you tho. I have a big tin of red rubber grease that I though would be a good idea for fitting but do you think I should go in dry so to speak? 😑🙄

I can grease the top bushings without any worry but is so dirty around the springs and lower bushing I thought maybe the grease would attract more grit and dirt causing more of a problem than it solves

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
on the rear shocks I just sprayed the rubber bushes with silicone spray just to ease them in.
I think you are right to leave out any grease that will hold the dirt.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Mine came with the mount, metal disk and top nut in the box already screwed on it. If you have bout Sachs shocks regardless of where it should come in the same box. Honda would get individually parts separately not in commercial packaged/boxes. Springs came o. Their own and or order the rubber tops and bottoms direct from Honda. Lower bolts as already said come straight from Honda for a tenner. My thought it’s for that price why not change them

·
Registered
47 Posts
I already picked up a pair of bolts from Honda. Car is going in on Thursday provided the shocks turn up on Wednesday. Top mount and bearing on the front as well which was my original problem

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Just ordered bilstein b4 shocks front and back £259 , now on the lookout for a set of lowering springs

81 - 100 of 145 Posts