2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all, wow great forum, so I have just purchased a great 2007 mk8 can anyone recommend how to upgrade the sat nav please 馃憤

Premium Member
If you do not have factory fitted nav, the easiest way appears to be a double DIN stereo with nav built in. If you do have factory fit nav, there is no easy way to upgrade other than to buy a 2018 nav disc so you have up to date maps.

Registered
If you do not have factory fitted nav, the easiest way appears to be a double DIN stereo with nav built in. If you do have factory fit nav, there is no easy way to upgrade other than to buy a 2018 nav disc so you have up to date maps.
Just found this post. Same issue here. Can you tell me where you get the disc from? Does this need to be from Honda or will one from say Ebay work?

Premium Member
Got mine from eBay and it was a genuine Honda disc. Cost was approx 拢18.

Alternatively you can become a site supporter and there is a thread in the supporters section telling you how to go about getting a disc.

Registered
I've a factory fitted nav, can麓t i just replace the stereo for another double DIN?

Premium Member
You can, but you will lose the climate control screen function (the screen next to the nav screen).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts