2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Anyone have, or can point me to, a video (or instructions) on replacing the low beam bulb on UK 2015 mk9 facelift? All the ones I can find are non-facelift models. I've attach an image of the headlight as I'm trying to replace the bulbs with xenon's (the stock bulbs are useless). Many thanks.

Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2015, Civic, 1.6 i-Dtec
176 Posts
Is there space for xenons and their ballasts? Also i would consider it for the high temperature and the damage it may cause on the reflector and housing.

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There should be space as I have mini ballasts. The standard bulbs are next to useless - may be the current bulbs but I need to be able to get them out to check.

·
Registered
2015, Civic, 1.6 i-Dtec
176 Posts
It is packed over there, I have the same as you and a month ago I took apart the whole front bumber as I upgrated to PIAA halogen 4800K to be more white, close to the DRL leds. I took the whole bumper as I cannot risc loosing any plastic cover or metal spring and whanted to make sure that fit was flawless. @Haltamer did it and gave some good guides and tips.

·
i-Vtec
5,152 Posts
There isn't a how2 for this in the how to section, so please take pictures and help the next bloke.
Also i would consider it for the high temperature and the damage it may cause on the reflector and housing.
Will be perfectly ok for Xenon as its the same Elliptical Head light that is used for Factory Xenon's, just the bulb holder thats different.

·
Super Moderator
4,518 Posts
Is there space for xenons and their ballasts? Also i would consider it for the high temperature and the damage it may cause on the reflector and housing.

also the MOT failure as they are not the standard fitment.

Try Osram Nightbreaker Lasers or equivalent

·
Registered
2015, Civic, 1.6 i-Dtec
176 Posts
There isn't a how2 for this in the how to section, so please take pictures and help the next bloke.

Will be perfectly ok for Xenon as its the same Elliptical Head light that is used for Factory Xenon's, just the bulb holder thats different.
I was under the impression that there was at least one how too, that is why I didn't took pictures..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. Are the PIAA Halogen 4800k and Osram Nightbreaker Lasers straight swap outs (just bulbs) and are they a lot better than the standards? And are they MOT passes?

·
Registered
CW GT
1,697 Posts
also the MOT failure as they are not the standard fitment.

Try Osram Nightbreaker Lasers or equivalent
Yep I'd be doing same must be diff dipped beams on the 9g to my R as I find dipped beam fricking awesome tbh full beam for me is good but yellow cos my fulls are halogens. Need to move them to osram but it can wait till spring lol

·
Registered
CW GT
1,697 Posts
Thanks all. Are the PIAA Halogen 4800k and Osram Nightbreaker Lasers straight swap outs (just bulbs) and are they a lot better than the standards? And are they MOT passes?
Yep, it's the change from type of bulb fitted at factory and not the brand change that is the issue these days.

·
Registered
2015, Civic, 1.6 i-Dtec
176 Posts
I am waiting on a set of Maruta Mtec 4750K for High beams. If I am in the mood or if I want to blow some steam I drop the bumper again. The high beams are a tiny bit easier. In any case by droping the bumper down you are presented with 2 other important things.
A. You gain access to the wiper washer's tank. You can take out the filter and clean it.
B. On the left side there is the small cooler radiator for turbo, that is wise to clean it from any dust, dirt and debris.

·
Registered
2015, Civic, 1.6 i-Dtec
176 Posts
This is from the wife's CRV also PIAA. 4800Κ for low and 4300Κ for high beam. You can see the colour difference.

·
Registered
CW GT
1,697 Posts
This is from the wife's CRV also PIAA. 4800Κ for low and 4300Κ for high beam. You can see the colour difference.

Yip same with Type-R thought it was due to the hid dipped but yep it's as obvious as that my drl shape along entire headlamp doesn't help I think too

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently dropped a spacer ring for one of my LED bulbs inside the headlight. I was forced to drop the whole bumper 😂. There is a decent guide on how to do it but nothing about replacing bulbs. I took some pics of the back of the headlight if that's any help
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Wheel

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

·
Registered
CW GT
1,697 Posts

·
Ex-Pat Geordie! and Moderator
2,599 Posts
I got these from Halfords. £10 odd each with trade card and fitted for £8 each. Rather they skinned their knuckles than me.
Rectangle Font Magenta Brand Paper product

·
Ex-Pat Geordie! and Moderator
2,599 Posts
They are a big improvement over standard too. Can anyone else beat getting to 110K Miles before even having to change a headlamp bulb 😁

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
i tried the ring super-dooper halogens and yes they were an improvement over the old (unknown) bulbs but they didn't last very long. I'd replaced both again within about 4-6 months - they just dont last in my experience.

I now have ebay LED bulbs - cost £25 or thereabouts and a big improvement over halogens. i procrastinated about this for a long time as i thought they'd fail the mot, but it passed with them in no problem.

Oh, and i fitted the bulbs into new headlamps before fitting them to the car - nice new clear lenses also helps with your vision - my originals were scratched very badly and one had a broken bulb holder.

Top tip for first time bulb swap - remove the washer filler tube (just pulls up) on drivers side to give you more space, remove the battery on pass side. It's pretty difficult otherwise, and very easy to ping the wire thing off into the engine bay or inside the lamp unit so take care. If you DO drop it, its steel so you can retrieve with a magnet if you know where it is. Really though, a pain in the a&&e job. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts