2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Mk9 Styling suggestions

7K views 38 replies 8 participants last post by  Joshimitsu93 
#1 ·
Hello all nice to meet you, I am new to this forum! I have a standard mk9 es blue civic 2.2. I am looking for some cheapish but affective interior and exterior styling suggestions and upgrades, here is a photo (fully detailed last summer, it's due a clean again!). Greatful for any suggestions, tips and links.

Initially I am thinking

Alloy upgrade, I like the dark grey old Honda accord alloys

Wind deflectors
Possible rear window tint

I haven't got a ton of money to play around with but looking for some cheap and chearful mods.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Window tint across the rear 3 windows along with wind deflectors will prob have the biggest immediate stand out improvement without going for body kits/spoilers etc. Wheels too as mentioned. I always think a good upgrade is to do all bulbs inside and out. As are decent quality carpet car matts. Makes everything feel a bit more premium.

Could always look at colour coding the trim outside around the arches etc but as I have a pre facelift 8th gen I’m quite fond of the contrast it gives and yours looks very nice as is

#8 ·
Thanks found wind deflectors for 25 on ebay, looking into Tinting. You can buy the tint and fit it yourself but I don't really trust myself! Contacted a local supplier. Will look into car matts possibly rubber ones Thanks for the number plate link too I'll have a look

#4 ·
Oh and I recently upgraded my number plates front a rear with some very very high quality and road legal pressed plates. was only about 40 quid so was cheaper than some of the dubious 4D ones that are trending.
Hugely improved the look and if done now won’t be subject to the latest number plate rule changes later this year. Mine are all BS stamped and guaranteed etc

edit link to where I got mine

#14 ·
Hi All so far I have fitted the wind deflectors.
I have been quoted £130 for the tints at the back

I have also found these alloys, they do need a refurb but they are only up for £120 (I'd imagine could get them for £100).
What do you guys think? I need to work out if they would fit on my car as well..

#16 ·
Mind you I just saw these on eBay for 50 collection only, if you are planning new tyres and refurb anyways these would save 50 quid on the initial outlay provided these bent like spaghetti. Don’t know much about the 9th gen stuff pattern so just make sure the do fit lol

#17 ·
Mind you I just saw these on eBay for 50 collection only, if you are planning new tyres and refurb anyways these would save 50 quid on the initial outlay provided these bent like spaghetti. Don’t know much about the 9th gen stuff pattern so just make sure the do fit lol

they look really good for £50

#19 ·
Those accord penta 17's are made by ENKEI - very good wheel and a really nice design. The grey should look great against your bright blue paint. they used to be highly sought after but a quick search i found lots for sale.

i had some of those on my prelude back in the day.. :) IIRC they are the right pcd but likely you'll want to put spacers on to get them to fill the arches (ET55 i think so they will prob sit a bit "in" verses your oem rims?)

i know opinions differ, but if that was mine i'd go for bigger wheels, spacers, eibachs and thats it. Get it sat better with wheels that fill the arches - that will make a huge difference, much more than any stick on tat.

#22 ·

Attachments

#25 ·
Also until you decide if you are doing something with the grey plastics (I like them) Carpro do some great trim treatment that keeps them dark and hydrophobic for a good 3 or 4 washes. Also can be used on any rubber like tyres and leaves a nice deep black but satin finish.

You also dilute it down so goes a long long way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.