2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what some of you will think of Halfords are not the best for parrot fitting but just been to my local Halfrods and wanted to speak to the person who does the installs. I was actually quite impressed by him and he had just finished an install. I looked at and it look very good and tidy so I have booked myself in for a fitting next wednesday! I told him I was concerned about him ripping my dash apart and he said he had done numerous Civics and he promised it would be a good job.

Suppose i'll have to wait and see next wednesday then!
Ash

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
See if he makes the same mistake Honda made when fitting my MKi9200 a few years back. It was wired to the ignition wrongly.

Once its fitted when you turn the ignition off look at the screen and see if the goodbye message comes up before it turns off.

Reactions: ash02

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i will be checking that so it doesn't drain my battery. I was confident i made the right decision so will keep fingers crossed. I made sure he wasn't a numpty before i decided by speaking to him and he came across as quite knowledgable!
Ash

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Yeah i will be checking that so it doesn't drain my battery. I was confident i made the right decision so will keep fingers crossed. I made sure he wasn't a numpty before i decided by speaking to him and he came across as quite knowledgable!
Ash

Your be pleased with the MKi9200, its pretty good.

Great name by the way ;-)

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ash, you too! ;)

Its sat on my desk waiting to be installed......can't believe i have to wait till Wednesday!! lol
Ash

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Great bit of kit just make sure you have got the latest blutooth software on your mobile phone or you will find it not stream music to play in your car.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mki9200

Great bit of kit just make sure you have got the latest blutooth software on your mobile phone or you will find it not stream music to play in your car.
It's all up to date with IOS5 so hopeefully it should be good. I tried it in store today and it worked there!
Ash

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine was fitted in a way that was draining the battery when the engine was off, realized that after changing for 3 years 4 batteries. It took AA to find that out after 3 years so make sure he does the right job :)
Other than that brilliant kit.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
hello i had mine fitted by halfords too and they was brill i did the same i wanted to speak to the fitter first! and he even told me to get the SOT lead off net as it will save me £20! i got a great service off them but i was very wary.
glad i used them in the end :D

P.S
mine was fitted if sheffield

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
I fitted mine myself, using the how to on here, easy as anything, fun to take the dash apart too. Once inside (the arsey bit was getting the middle dash out around the gear knob), if you wire the parrot blue box up to the ISO cable before hand, you find there is just 2 cables to connect to the radio. Easy. I learnt a lot about the civic too, I know where to take it all apart for the other mods I am going to do now!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Parrot

I fitted mine myself, using the how to on here, easy as anything, fun to take the dash apart too. Once inside (the arsey bit was getting the middle dash out around the gear knob), if you wire the parrot blue box up to the ISO cable before hand, you find there is just 2 cables to connect to the radio. Easy. I learnt a lot about the civic too, I know where to take it all apart for the other mods I am going to do now!
I would of loved to have a go but just can't afford the time at the moment to try and figure it all out. Just too busy. I already had the SOT Lead from when i bought a CK3100 for my partners car but she has a Jazz so it was different.
Ash

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very happy with the Install! All went well and working great! They've done a cracking job. Ash

·
Registered
11 Posts
When fitting it and using the ISO lead did you loose control of the steering when controls?

Matt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.