2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had numerous problems with my 1.4 (rear shocks, fuel cap, tailgate, squeaky dash, EPS, condensation in lights to name a few) I decided to call Honda customer services. The person I was talking to was very understanding and offered me £200 worth of accessories.

At the time it sounded like a good offer, but when I got my car back from the dealer, the dash was not fixed and I found a few more niggles to moan about.

I than called Consumer Direct who told me to write to HUK and mention that my car was "of inferior quality" as described in the Implied terms Act. I done this and was informed to go through my dealer as opposed to HUK direct.

I sent the letter to the dealer and I got a result. They had spoken to HUK and as a goodwill gesture to keep me in a Honda (as I threatened to trade the car in for another make) they offered the following deal:

trade in my car for a 1.8 sport and they would sell the new car at cost and HUK would pay up to £500 of the difference.

Moral of the story- keep trying and moaning and eventually you will get somewhere!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well done mate!! Consumer power rules...its the way forward!! Its about time that car dealers/banks/mortgage companies etc realised that they can longer muck us around and expect to get away with it. When you getting the new one then?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should get it either this week or early next. I must say that my dealer has been great so I have no complaints there

·
您看了
456 Posts
I should get it either this week or early next. I must say that my dealer has been great so I have no complaints there

Well done. Sounds like you went exactly the right way about it too. You stuck your ground but were nice about it. Put it all in writing and let the dealer sort things out with Honda on your behalf. The fact that you still rate the dealer works both ways too, they get the happy customer & promotion by said customer, you get a great car upgrade.

Bloomin well done. :) :) :)

Ps. I had similar issues with my last car (smart Roadster, problems with car, but mainly with person working at the dealership "interfearing" with my order... long story). Anyway, I stayed nice and calm, very polite and put everything in writing. I also especially avoided any postings on monitored internet forums too(and the manufacturers/dealers do monitor forums these days). Smart took my letter and actioned it themselves coming to me with an offer of "goodwill". The offer was so good I didn't even need to question it. At the end of the day my car not only came with little free things like fitted floor mats, fire extinguisher etc, but it also had a full set of fitted luggage and a fully fitted Brabus bodystyling package FOC (Bodykit itself into 4 figures). Moral of the story, angry & shout and everyone hears you, be nice & calm and everyone listens ;) :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Honda have offered me a very similar deal, but my car being a year old, would mean a like for like exchange costing me 4k! Unnacceptable.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got an exchange and upgade to a 1.8 for less than £1k- just mention that to them!

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Why do some people get help from Honda and others dont.

Maybe they ignore me/solicitor because I have already had a replacement car but they replaced it with a car that still has problems!!

Ir doesnt make sense they dont follow the same procedure for each customer.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rhodgreen- I moaned for ages to the dealer and they spoke to Honda on my behalf. I asked for a new car and was told I could get a 1.8 sport at "cost" and they would give me a decent 2nd hand value for my old car. Honda UK then said that they would pay £500 of the difference- that meant there was £1k left to pay and I put this into my existing Finance arrangement.

Any more details required then PM me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's very similar to what I did with the Type R.

Was a 6 month ordeal but finally got there!

Honda customer services are lacking until you mention Sales of Good etc etc.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
That's very similar to what I did with the Type R.

Was a 6 month ordeal but finally got there!

Honda customer services are lacking until you mention Sales of Good etc etc.

I have mentioned it - my solicitor threatened Court action - result nothing I am running out of steam.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rhodgreen- I moaned for ages to the dealer and they spoke to Honda on my behalf. I asked for a new car and was told I could get a 1.8 sport at "cost" and they would give me a decent 2nd hand value for my old car. Honda UK then said that they would pay £500 of the difference- that meant there was £1k left to pay and I put this into my existing Finance arrangement.

Any more details required then PM me.
How old was your original car when it was part exchanged?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it was just a year old

I think you also need to threaten HUK with bad publicity (aka Watchdog) before they listen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts