2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To hold my mobile phone that I use as a satnav, I use one of these magnets connected to the air vents but the angle is not ideal and the grills of vents are thin and so the magnet and the phone do fall off. What do you all recommend?

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
https://www.civinfo.com/forum/9g-general-discussion/400361-mobile-phone-holder.html

Should have some ideas for you.
I've tried with a suction cup mount, but I could only get it to work on the "deck" in front of the speedo - I had it mounted to the left of the I-Mid; Never actually used though as I can't stand semi-secure things in the cabin or obstructions to view - I'd like to mount it below the vent on the right; A convenient place for it to sit running navigation / camsam et al without actually being in the line of sight.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I always find Brodit do a very good quality phone holder, I've got a couple (1 in each of our cars). They are not cheap by any means but the quality is very good and they are very stable too.

·
Super Moderator
21,003 Posts
I just wished there was an USB slot high up on the dash.
I've been saying this for years.

Devices like SatNav, Phones, etc are mostly mounted high and then supplied with a long cable because car manufacturers never supply a high dash power socket.

We are expected to have cables draping all over the dash down to the gearstick area. When will they catch up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts