2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anybody recommend a mobile wheel refurbishment company that operates in the Fife area of Scotland please?
My dad has unfortunately kerbed one of his 17" alloys on his 8 month old car, so i am trying to find out who would be best to do the job.
It is standard kerb damage, around approx 7" of the circumference of the rim.
I have had a quick look online and found these people who seem to tick all the boxes. What do you think...has anybody used them?
Alloy Master wheel repairs and alloy wheel refurbishing
What sort of price do you think we would be looking at to repair this type of kerb damage to one wheel?

It is preferable to get somebody to come to us, but we would consider taking the wheel to a company ourselves if it is likely to be much cheaper, as long as its in the Fife area.
Any advice/recommendations appreciated. :)

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
i would be interested in this too Ron as i gubbed one of mine a couple weeks back :facepalm: got a bit tight on a left hander and nicked the kerb , felt physically sick

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
The only problem with getting one wheel refurbished is that it will most likely be a slightly different shade of silver and will stand out like a sore thumb..... you're better off getting the other alloy on the same side as the damaged one done aswell, most people will not be able to tell the difference from one side to other so no need to do the wheels on the opposite side.

When I used to work for BMW we used Wicked Wheels, but don't know if it will be the same guy in Fife area as I believe it was a franchise, so couldn't vouch for the standard of work now as I've not seen the van going about for a couple of years.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The colour match had crossed my mind.....but seeing as the alloys are still basically new, then hopefully a good company should be able to match the original colour.
I am going to enquire with the company i mentioned above, so will see what they say.

I can understand how you felt rowbo. Thankfully i have not kerbed any of my wheels on the Civic, but have done it on a previous car, and it made a sickening noise. :(
My dad was pulling out of a junction and turning left, but with the road being quite narrow and trying to avoid the nose of his car straying across the white line, he unfortunately clipped the kerb with his nearside back wheel.
Just one of those things......its easy done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts