2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I have just fitted my infinitys to my Type R. The speakers still sound as if they have too much treble.

I have followed the civinfo "how to", and double checked my wiring. The areas of ambiguity are in red below

Civinfo Guide
Front Left
+ Green (looks turquoise to me)
- Light Blue ( looks light blue with grey flecs to me)
Front Right
+ Grey
- Brown

Infinity Suplied Tweeter cable colouring differs between the infinity instructions and as supplied
Instructions / as supplied
- Black, small spade / clear with black stripe cable, small spade ?
+ Red, large spade / clear cable, large spade ?

The crossovers are on the -3db connections.

The sound is OK when I have bass +4 and treble -3. I have never had to do this on any other car to make the stereo sound reasonable.

Q1 Is my wiring correct ?
Q2 Do my speakers have too much "treble" because they take time to bed in ?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Pictures added for clarity.

Top picture is Honda Type R, Left side speaker cables.

Bottom picture is Infinity tweeter speaker cables.

I think I have got it right in the notes in the post below, and am only asking because the sound has too much treble.

All I need is confirmation on which is +ve terminal in each picture.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at it - I think you have it right.

I never got speaker cable with the kit, so I used my own. You should just connect the + on the tweeter to the + on the crossover box.

The treble gets better, but it is still too strong. I strongly suspect that the radio has a treble bias to accommodate the weak treble in the existing speakers. So I too turn it down to -3 and all is fine again.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Thanks for checking Pottsy

The tweeters have no + or - indication on them, only an incorrect diagram in the infinity instructions. The probable solution appears to work best in practice as I have tried it both ways round. I am a bit disappointed that infinity have ambiguity both on their tweeters connections and in their instructions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts