2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello boys and girls

As some of you know I have modded my Type R once but sold all the parts due to the car going up for sale on the count on me losing my job because of two time stress:(

Well I am very well on my way bouncing back to my old self and have decided to keep my beloved Type R CW and save elsewhere:):)

I want to do the modding a bit differently this time. I will be getting the Tegiwa DIY kit with the 400 cell race cat and I am looking to buy the following parts and would very much like your input and experience on what is best to go for for what I want.

For starters the list is as follows:

Tegiwa Race exhaust manifold
Tegiwa Single exit catback "already got it from my last modding experience, never sold it":)
RRC inlet manifold
J35 Throttle body
Tegiwa DIY cat kit
Hondata Flashpro with custom Etune
Hondata heatshield gasket "already got that on fitting to the car":)
Some sort of intake "looking for something cheaper this time"

Later on I want:

FD2 fuel balancer shaft delete kit
Stage 1 drop in cams

What are you thoughts on this? Is the J35 TB good enough when I decide to go for stage 1 cams? Which Intake should I get? Would it be okay to wait with the intake and just get the full exhaust and TB/inlet manifold at first? Had the CPL Cai the last time but would like something where you don´t have to relocate the battery.

Hope to hear from all you fantastic guys with all that knowledge about NA tuning:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have around 1500 pounds to start for starters on parts.

How labour intensive are the fitting of TB and RRC for a skilled mechanic?

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Looks like w are going down a similar path.
I've got Tegiwa airbox, fog scoops, exhaust manifold and catback on now with RRC and J35 in the loft to go on. I plan to get them fitted along with Tdi north stage 1 cams.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like w are going down a similar path.
I've got Tegiwa airbox, fog scoops, exhaust manifold and catback on now with RRC and J35 in the loft to go on. I plan to get them fitted along with Tdi north stage 1 cams.
Sounds nice:) So you have not heard anything about the J35 not being good enough with cams? Have heard a lot about TDI North stage 1 cams they are drop ins right? How much for a set of those? Will get them fitted myself here in Denmark.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Sounds nice:) So you have not heard anything about the J35 not being good enough with cams? Have heard a lot about TDI North stage 1 cams they are drop ins right? How much for a set of those? Will get them fitted myself here in Denmark.
I've not heard anything bad about it. MEBZ had some 'teething problems' with it at TDI North but I don't know what they were. I've asked him on a PM.
Tdi Stage 1s are a supply and fit only at TDI. They will not sell them unless they fit and map to the car.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
nice to hear you bounced back...i lost my job too and have recently "bounced back"

wow were like Alan Partridge lol

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Had a reply from MEBZ. He said that it wouldn't work right on his car so stayed with OEM TB. I have not heard of any other members having problems so it could be a duff TB. I'm still fitting mine.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
It's going to be ages off to be honest. I'm only fitting them next year. I just got the parts now as Tegiwa had a good group buy offer on.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Had a reply from MEBZ. He said that it wouldn't work right on his car so stayed with OEM TB. I have not heard of any other members having problems so it could be a duff TB. I'm still fitting mine.
As above didn't work on my car, but for £110.00 it's probably worth a punt for you.

To op, I'm getting a very very big itch to change cars, something totally different (Lexus gs450h) so there maybe some bits coming on sale, big maybe at this stage though.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As above didn't work on my car, but for £110.00 it's probably worth a punt for you.

To op, I'm getting a very very big itch to change cars, something totally different (Lexus gs450h) so there maybe some bits coming on sale, big maybe at this stage though.
What do you have that might be for sale? I am starting my modding project soon.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Early stages yet on a decision but I have the following (this not a for sale thread, just a list of my mods [for anyone senior reading]):

Hks rsk + tdi north heat shield
Rrc intake manifold
Tegiwa exhaust manifold
Toda catback
Tdi north stage 1 cams
Flashpro

I would speak to Tdi before I put any cams for sale, in no way what's so ever would I want to impact their time and effort in developing them.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Early stages yet on a decision but I have the following (this not a for sale thread, just a list of my mods [for anyone senior reading]):

Hks rsk + tdi north heat shield
Rrc intake manifold
Tegiwa exhaust manifold
Toda catback
Tdi north stage 1 cams
Flashpro

I would speak to Tdi before I put any cams for sale, in no way what's so ever would I want to impact their time and effort in developing them.
How much are you looking for for everything except cams?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts