2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst in my dealer I noticed that he had a 1/43 scale model of a Milano Red Civic on display - anybody bought one yet??

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Yeah, only I went for the full size one, its easier to get into!! Its going to the dealers next Monday, might have to have a chat.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I've contacted around six scale replica (model) suppliers and they have all advised that it is not yet available in 1:18 scale. :cry:

·
Registered
975 Posts
id like one

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I'd like one. I wonder what colours they are going to make. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I collect 1/43 and 1/18 scale model cars and I know Minichamps and Autoart have no plans for a model. The Japanese company Ebbro may have something in the pipeline, since their range covers the Accord Tourer, the Jazz, Stream, Integra etc.

http://www.modelenium.co.uk/models/models.aspx?P=20&Search=Honda

If anyone spots one(any scale), please let us all know!

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the one I saw (1/43) was in the Honda Accessories display cabinet at my dealers, so I can only assume it was actually a new Honda product!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Shame if 'Autoart' don't do one. I have one of theirs, 1:18 Millennium Cooper S Mini, excellent detail.

·
您看了
456 Posts
I collect 1/43 and 1/18 scale model cars and I know Minichamps and Autoart have no plans for a model. The Japanese company Ebbro may have something in the pipeline, since their range covers the Accord Tourer, the Jazz, Stream, Integra etc.

http://www.modelenium.co.uk/models/models.aspx?P=20&Search=Honda

If anyone spots one(any scale), please let us all know!
Some of the stuff on that website is sooooooo expensive :eek:

They are more expenzive than Modelzone (the high street shop) on most of the things I looked at. For example their price for the "Fast & furious" Civic with green lights is about £10 more than Modelzone, not including the shipping costs (wasnt gonna buy it, just did a search for Civic").

Ouch

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's the same as buying CDs from a Supermarket; they sell you what they want you to buy, not what you wish to. Try asking Tesco to order you say Lemon Parade by Tonic, then ask Modelzone to supply a 1/43 Ebbro Honda Accord Tourer in Vermont Green... :rolleyes:

Most of the independant model shops charge retail price (as does Modelenium), and can get hold of most things to order. Modelzone buys in bulk and mainly obsolete diecasts, which they can sell cheap. I've bought from them! They're not always competively priced however. I bought an Autoart 1/18 Aston Martin DBR9 from http://www.gtmodels.co.uk/index.php?menu=14&type=newproducts
for £48.99. Modelzone had the same model for £84.99... Rumour had it, this would be a model in great demand. It is, but Autoart made loads of them, so supply's not a problem. They never make more than retail.

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
While we've got what are obviously model enthusiasts 'captive' on this thread, can I ask if anybody knows if a model company called Pocher are still making model construction kits??

I built an Alfa Romeo Tipo B of theirs some years ago and some wag stole it whilst at a party at my place...

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
您看了
456 Posts
Just spoken to the parts department at Chiswick Honda* on other matters and dropped in the question about the scale model availability. He spent a good while going through the system for me and found the page with every single scale model available and confirmed that at present is no scale model available for the 2006 Civic.
Although it is slated for release (as they always make them for every model available) it will probably not be until the "end of the first model year" (ie, 1 year after the full size car officially launched) as that is usually the time scale for release.
So although the parts guy couldnt quote for deffinate when it would be available a reasonable guess (by me) would be christmas or just after.

*Just a foot note, If you are in the area I can say that Chiswick Honda (and the parts department especially) are fantastic. I had quite a lengthy phone conversation with a guy there this morning and kept throwing different part names at him for prices and he was highly effiecent, friendly and answered all the questions I asked (evening putting me on hold to get the right answer rather than fob me off with a "erm, dont know" or making something up that some places try). They have also been nothing but welcoming whenever I've popped in on the way home from work (I work just down the A4 so have to fight round the Chiswick roundabout every day) even though I'm obviously not in the market for a new car a present.
5star performance so far :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well found Brian! :)

·
您看了
456 Posts
CivPilot your dealer is talking ********, there is one available (part no 08MDC-SMG-001) check www.honda-access.com the only colour available is milano red. Interesting to see what options/accessories our Euro cousins can get.
Ok Brian, Looked at that link and found it, but it wasnt on his dealer computer as he spent ages going through the system (that was sorted by car model then resorted by scale). Seeing as I told him I would buy one if he could find it he did spend quite a while checking.

I will give him the part number and see what he can turn up.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts