2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was just wondering what mods/power does an FN2 need to beat a DC2 with full exhaust and headers.

Cheers

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Dc2 is 190bhp stock? Probably 210 with mods max I would guess. I would think the fn2 would need a better handling set up and 230+

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks low indeed.

Dc2 specs

Power and Torque Specifications.
Honda Integra Power: The Integra's 1797 cc (109.6 ci) engine reaches its peak power of 187 bhp (139 kW) @ 8000 rpm.
Honda Integra Torque: The Honda Integra produces torque measuring 131 lb-ft (253.5 Nm) @ 7300 rpm.
Honda Integra Power to Weight: The Integra weighs around 1101 kg (2427 lb). Power to weight can be calculated at 169.8 bhp per metric ton or alternatively as 118.9 lb-ft of torque per ton.

Reactions: aBigSavage1

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
I was only 3 hp out ;)

It's all about power to weight and the general set up. That 170bhp per ton beats ep3 at 166 and the fn2 at 158 or whatever it is, before even considering the set up.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was suprised, my friend with headers and exhaust pushed 107kW(143bhp) at the wheels.

My other friend with a stock DC2 pushed 105kW(140bhp) at the wheels.

But still, they beat FN2's and EP3's.

·
Registered
76 Posts
FN2 need an improvement in handling with ARB's, polybush's and rigid collars.

It will improve tons with this mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My FN2 is quicker than either of my DC2s were, I think with FRS and some weight reduction or breathing mods there'll be nothing in it

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My FN2 is quicker than either of my DC2s were, I think with FRS and some weight reduction or breathing mods there'll be nothing in it

I currently have, Injen CAI, Toda Headers, Invida Catback and now I'm going for a tune.

Will I be able to beat my friends DC2?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I've had a play with a JDM DC2 that a mates got and in a straight line there is hardly anything in it.

The DC2 would eat my FN2 in the corners though.

Remember that the BHP isn't everything, gearing makes a big difference too.

Honing your driving skills will probably be better than trying to mod the FN2.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've had a play with a JDM DC2 that a mates got and in a straight line there is hardly anything in it.

The DC2 would eat my FN2 in the corners though.

Remember that the BHP isn't everything, gearing makes a big difference too.

Honing your driving skills will probably be better than trying to mod the FN2.

I'd like to think I'm a decent driver :(, However all the races we have he always seems to pull away. He can even take on an EP3.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I'd like to think I'm a decent driver :(, However all the races we have he always seems to pull away. He can even take on an EP3.
Everyone likes to think they are a good driver.

Just do the usual things if you are after straight line speed i.e Manifold + catback exhaust, air intake, Flash Pro.

Failing that take him on some country lanes and see who has the biggest nuts...I mean track.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts