2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since day 1 when I picked up the car there is some moisture build up under the seal between the upper and lower rearwindow ( see the pictures). Whenever it's raining ( which is quite often lately) or when I've been cleaning it, it's getting worse. Only on sunny days it disappears complete. My dealer says there's nothing to worry about, but I'm afraid when the temperature drops below zero there could be any harm done, which may cause leakage. I've seen Hondaatje"s Civic last Sunday and there was some moisture on her's as well but not so much as on mine.
Are there some more Civic owners who have the same problem, and how did you solve it?
Greetings from a windy Holland,Koos

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
I noticed the same on my car when I picked it up, and after I washed it for the first time. Mainly around the rear lights on every edge. :(

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I have the same problem, but because many over here tell there is nothing to do about it, I haven't reported it yet. I will report it during 1st service though.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I have that. From start, same as you. Reported it to my dealer and I was told that they would deal with it if I insisted. I had just had the whole boot lid re-assembled to prevent it from leaking so I told them to forget it for now.

We've had freezing temperatures here for a few weeks and there have been no visible problems, so I'm not overly concerned.

Seems to me that it's another 'characteristic' of the car. Not serious luckily.

If anyone does have a problem, they can show this thread to a dealer and show them it's not just on the one car.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
There have been other threads about this, unfortunately it is a "characteristic" of the car I had mine looked at by a manager from Honda UK, they say that it is impossible to make a totally water tight seal and that it wont cause any long term damage.

It is the same sort of thing as the condensation that builds up in the light fittings also.

If you go to the showroom and take a look at the Civics parked up outside you will see that they all have it, but some are worse than others.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,171 Posts
mines got that as well but not as bad as that. just hope it does go green when the summer gets here. if it does they will be sorting that.

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
Yup have it on mine, not worried about it at the mo, such things happen this time of year if it causes issues the dealer will know about it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I saw this on several civs outside - I am overly concerned because my car comes with the spoiler on the lip... was thinking - if there's any residual moisture in there BEFORE it was fitted - wonder if they dried it out before adding the spoiler?

Cos if not, I bet there could be all sorts of nasties waiting for me!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've a rearspoiler fitted at my last visit at the Honda dealer, as you can see on the picture it doesn't cover the seal at all. Neither the moisture[smilie=grinz.gif] .
Gr.Koos.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello Koos. Yep, that's the same type I've got - I'll post some pics as and when I get the time..

Looks nice with those rims - "storm" I think they are?

Not sure if my car will look as nice with them, given the colour (champagne)

btw - I take it your from the Nederlands area?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts