2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im looking for help, my son has put some coins into my cd slot on my cdti . the cd wont come out and the speakers are goin crazy for about a minute after start up with a loud cracking noise , has any one any ideas wat to do . is it possible to remove the unit and retrieve the coins or is it a dealer job and possible new radio.:police:

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Others will soon tell you how to remove the unit, but in the mean time, for gowds sake don't switch it on anymore, or it will be a new unit required.

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
What are your DIY skills like?
Theres a 'How to' to take the radio out.
Can You see the coins in the slot? Some long thin tweezers might be able to reach them.

Ok there's my 2 ideas. I put them so i could say these 2 things:

Honda make extra's expensive enough without you throwing more money at it.

Must be a kid thing, when i was younger i put toast, toys and pretty much anything that would fit in my parents Video player.
Let us know how you get on :)

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
"Can You see the coins in the slot? Some long thin tweezers might be able to reach them".
That's an idea sbz, but if the little angels put the coins in before the CD - no chance.:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys i think the coins are too far to reach its really difficult to even see into the slot . i think they have dropped further into the abyss! . looks like il have to try an remove the unit were do u even start???????:(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, sorry to resurect an old thread, but just wondering if you managed to get the coins and if so how? I've the same problem :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Hi, sorry to resurect an old thread, but just wondering if you managed to get the coins and if so how? I've the same problem :eek:

How??

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi guys im looking for help, my son has put some coins into my cd slot on my cdti . the cd wont come out and the speakers are goin crazy for about a minute after start up with a loud cracking noise , has any one any ideas wat to do . is it possible to remove the unit and retrieve the coins or is it a dealer job and possible new radio.:police:
Hi drumroadred, Before you start putting things in the CD slot to remove the coins, or driving your motor, please PULL the fuse so you don't short out the unit.

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Hi drumroadred, Before you start putting things in the CD slot to remove the coins, or driving your motor, please PULL the fuse so you don't short out the unit.
Hi kev, drumroadered last responded in 2011' lol.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
if they wont come out with a knife, try taking the stereo out using the how to's fairly easy. And just give it a shake with the cd opening facing down hopefully they will slide out.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Turn the car upside down and give it a shake

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
A magnet could remove them. So something thin like a fridge magnet. As above pull the battery connection first.

If this doesn't work it will be a disassembly job.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Half the money these days arnt magnetic mate

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Half the money these days arnt magnetic mate
Most are now. It used to be that the coins were more pure, i.e. pure copper 1s and 2s. Now they are coated steel coins. Assuming we are talking about 1s and 2s, they have been magnetic for a long time now. 5 and 10p coins are magnetic since 2011.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
How come since 2010 the new coins are much lighter and wont work in food machines?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts