2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know nothing about cars, I just know I have a civic, it's the 8th Generation, registered in 2009 and has a glass roof. It's red.

Anyway, I went to longleat and the flipping moneys somehow stole 2 of my parking sensors! When I got out of the enclosure one of the circles on the back had a wire sticking out of it and the other is just a hole.

I managed to take a photo of what the monkey stole. What do I need to buy to replace this as I went to the civic dealer and they quoted me £600 which seems excessive!

Thanks!http://www.civinfo.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The monkey is fine, I did not harm him or her :)

I could yes, but I don't know what I'm looking for, I was hoping someone could tell me what part it is? If I search for parking sensor on ebay they are full on kits. There is probably a name for the little cap and the little bit the monkey stole?

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,878 Posts
The monkey is fine, I did not harm him or her :)
You must have been tempted...

I don't know what I'm looking for, I was hoping someone could tell me what part it is? If I search for parking sensor on ebay they are full on kits. There is probably a name for the little cap and the little bit the monkey stole?
Here's an exploded view showing Honda part numbers and descriptions... Honda CIVIC 2009 1.8 EX PARKING SENSOR - Original Honda Parts | Lings Honda

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I could have been sure that monkey wouldn't have bitten me and given me some lethal bubonic plague I definitely would have got the parking sensor back.

Thanks for that link, I'll try and work it out!

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,878 Posts
It's a fine looking monkey... far cuter than most Civinfo members. Hopefully someone who's actually replaced their sensors will be along to advise you on where to get the bits you need at a reasonable cost.

How about contacting the park to see if those 'stolen' parts have been found?

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Perhaps the monkeys are trying to gather enough parts to build a whole car, then they'll crash through the gate and escape!
I Always think that,somewere in the monkey enclosure there is a car being built from various models.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
I remember going through the monkey enclosure in Knowsley Safari Park when mine was barely 12 months old - keeping on a happy, smiley face for the wife (from Africa and first time in something like that) and my young son.
Mine, despite being Milano (bright red) got away without being touched, but a Volvo estate got TOTALLED - WIPERS, MIRRORS, ANTENNAE, the lot .... !!
Not a pleasant experience.

Hope you get a better price than that quoted initially.
Needs a 'Dead or Alive' poster for the monkey I reckon - paint in Clarkson's face and it'd be good to go!!

Al.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it wouldn't surprise me if they were making another car, they were nicking things of every car in front and behind me! I always thought my dad was a misery guts not going through the monkey's but now I know why! How did they even get them off? Theya re quite flush with my car body! Little *****!

·
My VTEC doesn't VTEC
1,110 Posts
I'm meant to be going to longleat at the end of the month and now they know how to remove parking sensors I will definitely be bypassing the monkey's!!!

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,167 Posts
I managed to take a photo of what the monkey stole. I went to the civic dealer and they quoted me £600 which seems excessive.[/URL]
I thought a monkey was £500 not £600.

.....and I'm with your dad on this!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are all 4 circles/discs on the back parking sensors then? Only 1 has a wire sticking out, so I was hoping that mean the one without the wire was just a cover.

Or does it mean I need 1 wire and one cap and one cap? Still no luck finding second hand parts but thanks everyone for trying to help and cheering me up with Monkey Tales.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I went longleat with the family and refused to go through the monkey enclosure you can bypass that part
I would never go through in my car got to feel for you

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Are all 4 circles/discs on the back parking sensors then? Only 1 has a wire sticking out, so I was hoping that mean the one without the wire was just a cover.

Or does it mean I need 1 wire and one cap and one cap? Still no luck finding second hand parts but thanks everyone for trying to help and cheering me up with Monkey Tales.
Looks like the monkey had some wire in his hand. your best bet is to take bumper off and look at what's been damaged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're hilarious, take the bumper off. I don't even know what model it is, I wouldn't have a clue where to start! HaHa. Would the (very lovely) garage I take it to for servicing and MOTs be able to help do you think? Or does it need to be the dealer?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts