2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently (about month ago) i've wrote e-letter to our official Honda importer, about problems with imid/stereo, when no any information is displayed while you stream music via bluetooth. And, yesterday they called me, and told that Honda will provide update for i-Mid during next few weeks (when CD (sic!) with update will arrive to Ukraine). I'll provide more details, as soon as i get more information and/or update my i-mid @dealer. And, yes i'm not sure, is this update for MY13 or MY12 (i specified my MY in claim letter, but who knows)

btw, meanwhile, you could ask about imid update at your local dealer :)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Recently (about month ago) i've wrote e-letter to our official Honda importer, about problems with imid/stereo, when no any information is displayed while you stream music via bluetooth. And, yesterday they called me, and told that Honda will provide update for i-Mid during next few weeks (when CD (sic!) with update will arrive to Ukraine). I'll provide more details, as soon as i get more information and/or update my i-mid @dealer. And, yes i'm not sure, is this update for MY13 or MY12 (i specified my MY in claim letter, but who knows)

I doubt MY12... Honda washed their hands of us early owners :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
My oem radio sometimes switches to traffic information even when the channel aint broadcasting anything traffic related, then goes back after a second or two. Really annoying when you listen to USB stick and this happens.
Have never happened on other radios so I blame it for being overly sensitive or something.

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
My oem radio sometimes switches to traffic information even when the channel aint broadcasting anything traffic related, then goes back after a second or two. Really annoying when you listen to USB stick and this happens.
Have never happened on other radios so I blame it for being overly sensitive or something.
I've occasionally got that on all my RDS car radios. I put it down to radio stations hitting the button by accident.

The one thing I have noticed on the 9G is that when I'm listening to a USB or HDD or CD and traffic cuts in the iMid displays the radio station performing the traffic update.
When I'm in DAB however it stays on DAB even though the traffic is coming from a FM station.
I've therefore got no idea what station it's coming from.

In my area I tend to get traffic from the south coast right up to Berkshire. The only one I'm really interested in is BBC Surrey so I pay particular attention to that one.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just received a quarterly paper newsletter from Honda and there's an article on the Civic 1.6 i-DTEC ... and there's a picture of the i-MID display.

Is it standard on the 2012 or 2013 Civic to have the temperature and odometer displayed on the i-MID? :confused:

We don't have that on the new CR-V and I would find it useful to have, at least, the temperature displayed on the i-MID so the passengers can read it too.

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
That bottom line of figures is exactly the same as mine so I would say it's standard.

I would have preferred to be able to see the total miles and one of the trip mileages but not to be.

Because I've got the premium audio I get that reversing camera display on that instead of the iMid and TBH I never use it. I still rely on the sensors and mirrors.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I just received a quarterly paper newsletter from Honda and there's an article on the Civic 1.6 i-DTEC ... and there's a picture of the i-MID display.

Is it standard on the 2012 or 2013 Civic to have the temperature and odometer displayed on the i-MID? :confused:

We don't have that on the new CR-V and I would find it useful to have, at least, the temperature displayed on the i-MID so the passengers can read it too.
Version ES and above have this option
Version SE doesn't have it.

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ok ... so the question, is it standard on the 2012 as well :confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts

Some android phones do transmit the track listing info, however iPhones do not. I don't believe a software update will give you what you're looking for.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
civilrights, i'm not sure, cause my iPhone can transmit artist/track name to old bluetooth equipped car stereo from my previous Nissan Tiida, and afaik it used to transmit track names to Honda's radio before ios5/ios6 update. That's why i think it's car stereo/i-mid FW problem (honesty, i think that this is ios problem, with updated bluetooth stack apple broke normal BT functionality, especially with older devices) and the only way to fix it, is to update BT stack in car)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts