2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some wheel spacers coming and am ready to buy the flashpro, but I'm interested in a front strut brace and a quick shifter. Are these easy to fit and can you give me some recommendations?
Ta.

·
Enjoying life
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is access like for checking oil etc? Looks like the bar runs right over the dipstick and filler cap?

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
A front strut brace makes checking and filling the oil a bit of a pain, but if you're careful it's not too much of a problem.

·
Enjoying life
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
191 Posts
That really depends on You Flashy.
I tell you what's my approach and you can see if it works for you.
1. When buing new car i'm trying to feel if it's for me - do i like traction, can i have fun with throwing car around, do i feel enough confident with break, traction?
2. If answer to above is yes, then i'm start modding. If not - pointless to spend money on car not good enough as standard.
3. what i think could be better?
- traction wise
- appearance
- breakes
- engine
In this order, as cars i'm buying are usualy powerful enough to give me fun, and if it's car like CTR doing power mods will take you to another 50 bhp for shed lot of money... there are much more powerfull cars there and easier / cheaper to mod (like ST :)).
What i come up with after month with my CTR is:
- traction was brilliant.
- appearance - wheels too much hidden in arches. (wheel spacers fitted).
Aslo exhaust - i will put this under appearance / overall pleasure from driving - i had milltek on my previous car and i love it. Also having sport exhaust makes me happier with the car for longer. Milltek catback fitted.
Also iduction kit - i love the noise so decided to buy HKS RSK. At the moment they purely for noise as not planning to map at the moment (maybe in the future).
- Brakes - worst then on my previous car (ST170) but when i will have to replace brake pads i will go for EBC green stuff.
- Power - no need to improve really at the moment. Exhaust is there, induction as well, but that's mainly for noise and fun factor. Maybe in the future i will do mapping, but that's not earlier then end of the next year.
I also have changed gearbox oil as changes were very notchy.

Optionally in the future:
Appearance - seeker fin.
Traction - tein springs (more for appearance really as i like the ride on standard).
General - tegiwa quick shifter (to improve this bloody notchy gearbox).
Power - flashpro with n group map (this rally terminology really buys me :) even when custom map will be better i want N-Group one just because it's a "rally swag" :) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts