2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been raised in the past and I'm sorry for dragging it up again but times are a changing!

Firstly all the mods do a great job, I am in no way disputing this.

What I have noticed over the last year or so is a big increase of active users online at any one moment. When I first joined back in 2009 you were lucky if you saw 150/200 active users ............ now I often see over 400 online.

This a massive increase and I do worry that the mods are stretching themselve too thin. There are active members on here that have a very balanced views and are calm and level headed, maybe they could help out?

Like I said, I have the utmost respect for all the mods on here and if you guys feel you can carry on as you are, then I'm sure we will support you.

But please don't think you have to burden the moderation of the whole forum on just a few shoulders ........

..... I've said my piece.

Paul.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I'm in agreement Paul, over my time here the number of active users has steadily grown... there are nearly 400 online (a rough 50/50 split with members and guests) right now according to the front page.

I wonder if moderators for specific sections might help? I've seen that strategy used with great success on commercial forums.

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Ill put myself forward as i am the most calm member :rofl:

but heres my votes;

syx
Coste1l
relic
hagan
wanner69
shaunwistow

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

but heres my votes;

gadgetman68
syx
Coste1l
relic
hagan
wanner69
shaunwistow
;)

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
i think coste1l and relic would be good mods...no offence syx

if it was your option that went ahead and there were mods for sections i would add you to the list also

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
No offence taken - as stated before I believe a vote is a very bad idea for choosing moderators.

I agree with Paul in that it might be time for more mods - but I would fully expect the existing staff to choose who they believe to be the best candidate(s).

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No offence taken - as stated before I believe a vote is a very bad idea for choosing moderators.

I agree with Paul in that it might be time for more mods - but I would fully expect the existing staff to choose who they believe to be the best candidate(s).
^^this^^

Really this is just to highlight that I'm concerned for the mods workload.

Please don't turn this thread into a voting/suggesting who should be suitable.

Like I said, if the current number of mods is ok, thats fine. But if they are struggling to keep up with what is now one of the bigger car forums, the mods should approach, privately, who they think is suitable to assist.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
surely they have a count of most people thanked etc they should know already whos up for the job, category bosses lol

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
And I clicked on this thread thinking paul had bought some mods for the m200:( anyway I think you are right on this but I also like Sams idea where it may nbe easier for the mods if they only look afte a few sections as a rule of thumb

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hehe

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
It should go to the member who has been "thanked" the most. Job done. :worms:

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
It should go to the member who has been "thanked" the most. Job done. :worms:
Really? That seems a little short sighted to me. What if a member who hasn't been around as long - and hasn't accrued as many thanks - is a better candidate?

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Really? That seems a little short sighted to me. What if a member who hasn't been around as long - and hasn't accrued as many thanks - is a better candidate?
I was joking mate.;)

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts

but heres my votes;

syx
Coste1l
relic
hagan
wanner69
shaunwistow

Rob you'd end up banning yourself so no point. ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Reactions: Jeza

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
That reminds me of a situation involving Messrs Costello and Desmond... :rofl:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts