2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Knew I shouldnt have parked in the space, but i made sure i parked right in and even either side and the stupid driver next to me still managed to scrape it, Im guessing it was the dark BMW next to me with Reg number PAM in YORK Thank you very much PAM

Only had my car 4 months and I've had 2 battle scars, my old car in 8 years only managed 1....is the R unlucky for me :(:(

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Not unlucky, you just seem to attract damage. I've had one door dent in 18 months but there are a couple of very light scuffs starting to appear. They all look like they will polish out though. Hope you get this repaired, or track down PAM and have her stump up some money..

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Even though I only have CTS I always make sure where possible to park away from any other car. Would feel sick if that had happened to me.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
sorry to see this mate. I know what its like having your can damaged. Hope it doesnt ruin your fun in the R.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
You've got the worst luck ever mate...

I had something similar happen to me in Keswick when I had my previous car. I parked in a space when I came back a transit van was parked next to me with a women leaning in the side door getting a mountain bike out. Her bike shoes caught my door and put a massive scratch down it. She turned round and said "Oh sorry" and continued to unload her bike.

As daft as it sounds I never felt the same about the car after that.

Yours doesnt look too bad though and I think it would be a simple repair for one of these smart repair guys

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
gutted mate, i always park the car on its own at the furthest corner in tesco and other busy places, just in case!!! hope u get it sorted

·
**Generating Gloss**
1,280 Posts
The car obviously means a lot to you and you clearly have love for it, which is why you feel :( after what's happened.

You could have parked far away as possible, and it still could have happened! So don't kick yourself over it. Keep it clean and when it's fixed it will look just as good as it all ready does. Failing that I'll clean it for you!

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
I know how you feel!!!
I badly kerbed a pristine Rage alloy today. Could have throttled myself. Hope you get it sorted

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
The car obviously means a lot to you and you clearly have love for it, which is why you feel :( after what's happened.

You could have parked far away as possible, and it still could have happened! So don't kick yourself over it. Keep it clean and when it's fixed it will look just as good as it all ready does. Failing that I'll clean it for you!
I scratched my boot today, any chance you'd pop over and clean mine? :D:popcorn2:

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
Even though I only have CTS I always make sure where possible to park away from any other car. Would feel sick if that had happened to me.
thats exactly what i do ! mrs rowbo is gettin used to walking from one side of asda car park to the other lol :D

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know how you feel!!!
I badly kerbed a pristine Rage alloy today. Could have throttled myself. Hope you get it sorted
Lol, its a bit different when you inflict the damage, but to find someone elses incompetence has caused you bother it really annoys me.

the car park was jam full and it was the only one we knew too....parking away may also not be a good idea at times, because it may attract people to your car to have a nosey, no win situation :(

We shall see Lvy :p i might have to get you to work your magic, by the time you finished detailing it, cars might just slide off it :p

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nope, i just rubbed off as much as i could, the black marks are where the paint has come off :(:(

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
So er whats going on with the damage then? You have the culprit's reg plate, didn't you stop her and take details and claim off her insurance??
Name and shame! Name and shame!!

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
sorry to hear this mate hope you get it sorted out.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No i didnt get a name, i noticed as i parked up it was a BMW and a nice new range rover on either side, that is all :/

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
That person should be hung:mad:..........I know the feeling and everytime even at work when someone parks next to CTS my heart always races you never know what they could do....Another mans pride and joy and all that

Hope you get her sorted

1 - 18 of 18 Posts