2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
whos farted?
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might be a really stupid question,

But has anyone had the sat nav fitted after buying the CTR? or is it not possible?

Im crap with directions and rather then get a tomtom or whatever, I thought i might go and add some value to mr car while im at it...

is it possible...and does anyone have any idea of the cost?

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts

·
whos farted?
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you not just take it to the dealer and say "flop us a sat nav in here" and cross his palm with silver?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Can you not just take it to the dealer and say "flop us a sat nav in here" and cross his palm with silver?
Not sure they would take that on.

But...silver talks. :D

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
...............and maybe gold!

·
whos farted?
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tom tom it is then guys haha! theres noway im pulling my dash to bits, its odds on ill scratch and chew my baby up :(

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
The job is possible and i think it's quite easy (i've done it ;)), but as others have said in other threads it's quite a big job, time wise it took me around 30 hours or so, as i had to refer to the service manual, if i were to do it again, i could do it in a night. There is quite a few parts that you need and can't be afraid to rip your entire dash open to thread the navi loom.

GENUINE HONDA CIVIC + TYPE-R SAT NAV/HANDS-FREE UPGRADE on eBay, also GPS Systems, Navigation GPS, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 03-Oct-08 19:15:37 BST)

There's this guy who is selling the complete system. I don't think he has actually fitted this system though as he is providing the complete replacement loom of the car, you would need to pull apart the entire car to replace your current loom with the loom he is providing, the entire loom of the car goes from the engine bay, to under your dash, to your doors to the roof and right to the back of the car with the TMC antenna etc.... and it is all tied down on the crossbar under the dash, so that in itself is practically impossible, the smarter way would be separating the navi loom from the main car loom to do this job which is how i did it.

since your a support of the site, you can see how i did it in the supporters forum :D

Seik

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Its a brave man who takes that job on

·
whos farted?
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive already read how you did it, the bit that puts me off is a fiddlie bits, where your said big hands were a problem. Im a bodybuilder, so im abit big to be squeezing into small places lol!

although part of me is sayin just get it done lol! ill track this item tonight after work, cheers mate.

what are the issues re: warrenty and stuff like that with honda, im guessing it will be null and viod on any modification of the origional loom?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts