2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

As the title says, the worst and most annoying I have (its a civic, obv there are many!) is from behind the radio fascia, its not so much a rattle, could be like the metal bracket of the radio moving, creaking etc, to explain more imagine you lie in a metal framed bed and when you turn over it makes noises etc, that kind of noise.

If I apply pressure on the front (plastic) in a almost any spot it stops the noise, anyone had this? I've seen a post about the stiff thingy under the dash wonder if that would solve it?

Can easy mention to dealer to look but tbh I just don't trust them to do a good job.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
i had an annoying whine from the passenger area fo a while... but when me and the ex split up it stopped completely.....

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
i had an annoying whine from the passenger area fo a while... but when me and the ex split up it stopped completely.....
My whine recently stopped when Me & the Ex split too! How weird is that!

On another note; would be worth whipping the centre console etc off slightly so you can get your hand up the back of the radio and have a feel round, could be a cable rubbing on something, just gentle move the cables about a bit to part them from contact; see if it helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine does this too mate and it's driving me insane , it's worse *** it's cold mornings usually gets less annoying as the day gets warmer .

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Got same rattle, £600 of warranty claims and they still cant fix it. the dash was built by fools

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
The only rattle i have to suffer is the wife's moaning. Now fixed with my latest mod. "THE EJECTOR SEAT"

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pity no ones had this fixed, I've even thought if changing to double din hu would fix it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts