2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my milano ctr delivered at 9 o clock last saturday morning and ive just looked and am pleased to say it now has 629 miles on the clock and has averaged 38.3mpg does that mean that its run in now or do i need to be careful for longer btw loving it it is so much nicer(and cheaper)than my last rx8 :mad:

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
is your petrol??? i have mine since 25 Jan and i already did 5000 miles but i am not hapy with the fuel consumption cause i am geting 39 mpg averange and about 29 in city... mine is diesel

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill post some pics up of it with my pushbike and yes i was very surprised (pleasently) as i was expecting it to be better than the mazda but not as good as this, i havent ragged the arse of it but it has been vtecced a few times as well as driven to me from cardiff then i have used it to travel to lytham st annes southport and manchester as well as around town and it really is hovering around the 40 mpg mark give or take it is a thoroughly fantastic car, I have been very lucky in my time and had some really nice cars(when i was young single and kiddie free) like range rover.....dont know why a lotus esprit se in norfolk mustard.nice a tvr cerbera 4.2 in rosso pearl...possibly my best but decided a few years ago to only ever buy new and thats where the rx8 came in..... nice car but unbelievably expensive to fuel.....type r in my opinion has it all and if i wasnt so mean id have gone for the sat nav option and possibly a set of 19 inch wheels but not the rages as i would have liked wheels different to other type r if i was paying extra for them....anyway i could talk all day but i love it money well spent:D:D:D:D

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Yes I totally agree it is a great car, and if you are getting that sort of mpg, I think it might make some others, who do a few miles, take another look at the CTR. :)

Have you picked up any stone chips in your first 629 miles? :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no mate it is absolutely pristine but my fingers are cut to %u^% as i bought the type r badge and decals and fitted them before i even took it out the first time oh that was a pain in the arse and ive bathed it today in meguiars:mad:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
no mate it is absolutely pristine but my fingers are cut to %u^% as i bought the type r badge and decals and fitted them before i even took it out the first time oh that was a pain in the arse and ive bathed it today in meguiars:mad:
I bought the kit and got the dealer to fit my grill badge before I picked it up. So I escaped that pleasure. ;)

I was in two minds about the side decals, but then decided I wanted them on, they are very delicate and fiddly to fit aren't they. :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah just take your time like someone here (think its robbo or something) said use the crease as a marker i lined up the base of the "r" with that and cleaned the car area with meths fist and took my time, if your near me ill do it for you if you like ;)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
nah just take your time like someone here (think its robbo or something) said use the crease as a marker i lined up the base of the "r" with that and cleaned the car area with meths fist and took my time, if your near me ill do it for you if you like ;)
Cheers for the offer. :D

I meant I have already fitted them and found the actual transfers quite delicate, and thought they could easily crease if you weren't careful. :)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
i had my milano ctr delivered at 9 o clock last saturday morning and ive just looked and am pleased to say it now has 629 miles on the clock and has averaged 38.3mpg does that mean that its run in now or do i need to be careful for longer btw loving it it is so much nicer(and cheaper)than my last rx8 :mad:

Time to give it some VTEC and have some fun :):)

·
Banned
165 Posts
Got mine on 14th Dec - Have now done 6000 miles @ 24mpg - that is with running it in for 600 miles, then driving it like I stole it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got mine in June 2007, still only done 4800 miles. Best mpg 33 on a motorway run, worst 15 mpg on a very hard run. Average 24. Ran it in the quick way. Very little oil used.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's VERY impressive... I've yet to see that kind of consumption (almost 6k on the clock).

Must have a very heavy right foot...:D
I dont thing the vtec zone has been entered yet with those figures :rolleyes:

just about to crack 15k in mine, do a 60 mile round trip mainly motorway and did achieve 400+ miles per tank in the early days, but I drive it normally now and range is around 320-340

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

well maybe i havent entered the vtec zone then your probably right;) ill have to take it to honda then because when i drive it and the needle thing goes around to a number that looks like 1 fat lady a little light comes on (which i enabled) thats red next to something that says ivtec....whatever that means and these peculiar orange lights illuminate on the other side i then changed the position of the silver ball thing that sits up from the floor and the lights went away, as i said your right stephen

·
Registered
192 Posts

well maybe i havent entered the vtec zone then your probably right;) ill have to take it to honda then because when i drive it and the needle thing goes around to a number that looks like 1 fat lady a little light comes on (which i enabled) thats red next to something that says ivtec....whatever that means and these peculiar orange lights illuminate on the other side i then changed the position of the silver ball thing that sits up from the floor and the lights went away, as i said your right stephen
Hilarious comeback

I can understand you've still got a stiffy from picking your car up, was just commenting that you will probably never see those figures in real life unless your keeping out of vtec and keeping it under 75mph, and of the 10,000 or so previous owners other than yourself I think the majority will be getting similar figures in the 1st 1000k unless they have no sympathy for mechanics.

Sad to see my input to your original question has been generally overlooked in favour of some childish and overstated remarks in response to a mildly sarcastic comment from myself.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
apologies me thinks

i thought we were both being sarcastic which means thats ok doesnt it, anyway i thought the comments were humerous back to the car i honestly dont rag the balls of it but i dont hang around either and 38.3 is what it says but so long as i get over 28 then ill be happy btw im off to the isle of man in it on friday so well soon see what it gives(mpg) after a serious pasting on the douglas to ramsey mountain road;) im sorry if my remark offended you and i take it back as i just want to be friendly on here sorry stephen kindest regards gary:) oh yes i suppose i have got a stiffy as you put it with my new civic

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been driving for about 340 miles (so still running in)

Mostly driving on B-roads. Rpm max. 4000.

Average fuel consumption 27 mpg.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts