2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the most random vibration the other day whilst driving without my stereo on... (hate rattles or squeeks with a passion)

real quiet intermittent vibrating noise like a bee coming from....... the wiper stalk!!!!

rest my finger on it and it shuts up... so random!

The only other one I have is the passenger temp control button vibrates with certain notes coming out of the speaker...

Any advances?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I had a really loud noise coming from what I thought was the round ventilator on the right-hand side of the dash; three or four times I had the panel off - eventually discovered by chance that it was the mph/kph changeover button.

I took the dash off and cut strips from a dishwashing sponge (new one :p)
about 10mm wide 5mm thick and 25mm long which I wrapped around the hollow button and pushed down the tube it runs in, also a strip of black insulation tape about 10mm wide around the button where it passes through the dash.

I also did the same with the panel dimming button which is similar, although it wasn't vibrating.

Changed a couple of bulbs while I was at it.....

Dave

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I too have this rattle/buzz from the wiper stalk ... very annoying! It stops if you hold it but rattles again when I let go !! Any ideas/solutions ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts