2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u think is the most silly, quirky, or just downright ridiculous feature of your car?

For me its got to be the intermittent windscreen wipers doing a 'wipe' when you either remove the handbrake or take foot off brake when stationary. - Cool, but rather silly really!!

Matt.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
For me it's an option, and I specified it, but the colour rear view camera kind of makes me giggle every time it comes on.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I'd sooner have a spare wheel, than the drop down "pocket".

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
elfa7 said:
I'd sooner have a spare wheel, than the drop down "pocket".
I like the drop down pocket. Its a bit quirky.....thats until I am stuck on the motoway,in the pouring rain in the middle the night with a flat. Trying to work out how to inflate my tyre.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I think Honda haven't really thought the folding mirrors through.

Yes, it's convenient to fold them away if you've parked on a busy street. But if that is the case, then wouldn't you want to look in the mirrors to see if there are cars coming your way, before you open the door straight in front of them?

The mirrors should be folded when you lock the doors with your remote. Maybe they will change this for the updated models next year. Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I went for the ES as it had more "extras" as standard, one being the auto headlights. I would like to have the light work on a gradient style, dull light brings on the side lights, and as it gets darker the headlights come on. Its a bit off putting going through tunnels and your headlights come on, you leave the tunnel they go off and then 100 yards later enter another tunnel and they come back on again. The car in front must think I am flashing him.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Kevin,

This is why I always have the auto lights off. Had a "moment" where I went under a bridge, the lights came on and a car pulled out of a side road in front of me (just at the other side of a bridge).

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I have to agree from a safety point, leaving them on all the time could cause problems. So what’s the point in having auto headlights if I have to “turn on my lights” when it gets dark?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Copycat said:

Yes, it's convenient to fold them away if you've parked on a busy street. But if that is the case, then wouldn't you want to look in the mirrors to see if there are cars coming your way, before you open the door straight in front of them?

The mirrors should be folded when you lock the doors with your remote. Maybe they will change this for the updated models next year. Fingers crossed.
Agree. I was showing it to a friend this morning so I was sat in the passenger seat next to the path, mirrors were still folded as we'd only just got back to the car, I opened my door to get out and swap seats and nearly wiped this poor pensioner out :oops: My fault for not looking properly in this case :roll:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
The little storage compartment in front of the gear knob is not big enough to store CDs in. Sure you can put them in there, but you can't close it once they're in there. :evil:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Copycat said:
The little storage compartment in front of the gear knob is not big enough to store CDs in. Sure you can put them in there, but you can't close it once they're in there. :evil:
Yep, and every time you floor it, they come scattering out all over the footwells :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
Copycat said:
if it would be winter the motors would fry if they would fold :/

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Theres a large box under the centre armrest . :lol:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
pikkumies said:
if it would be winter the motors would fry if they would fold :/
I know what you mean. However there are cars sold in Finland with the same kind of auto-fold-mirrors.
I think most of them are French (407) and they might have an option for turning the automatic off.

I propably won't be using them too much though, so no big deal for me. Might be useful in bigger cities with narrower streets.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
elfa7 said:
Theres a large box under the centre armrest . :lol:
You're right. Anyone thought of installing some sort of cd holder in there to prevent rattling caused by loose cd cases?

Maybe I should just leave the cases home and take some sort of wallet for discs only. One with the Civic logo or the big H?
Or maybe even "CivInfo.com" ? 8)

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I've got a small CD wallet and it fits in there perfectly; it's much better than it being in my glove box on my previous car along with a lot of other stuff.

Although now I have a huge glovebox so I need something to put in there!

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
generationgav said:
Although now I have a huge glovebox so I need something to put in there!
Huge chilled glovebox 8)

How big is it? Does a bigger bottle fit in there? 1 litre? 2 litres?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts