2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently had an MOT but when I checked a couple of weeks later the certificate has the car doing 10k LESS than it actually has! I'd prefer it less than more but now it looks like I've driven 10k in 2 weeks!

Just wondering if I had to make a claim on insurance if it will matter. I normally do 20k a year but now it looks like I've done 30k a year, 10k more than I have declared on my insurance policy.

Maybe I can get it corrected.

Cheers
Matt

·
Banned
230 Posts
"The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) confirmed it is possible for the MoT testing station to correct mileage errors only within seven days of the test. After that, motorists must contact the DVSA themselves.

Before correcting the MoT record on its database, the DVSA may ask to check the car’s current mileage and see any evidence of what the odometer reading was at the time of the MoT test, as well as service records or invoices. These measures are designed to combat mileage fraud."

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks all, will go to garage first then guess i'll talk to VOSA. I service it myself so have no recent stamps but at least i'm asking them to add milage and not take away!

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Good luck getting it sorted, I hope it's not too much hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts