2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all ,I took my type r for mot today ,the car has hids which are fitted out of sight inside the bulb covers on the headlight units ,100w pure white highs and led side lights,my car has no headlight washers our self leveling suspension,she flew through the mot with no advisorys so I am well chuffed now:D:D:D

·
1.4 can look awsome too
402 Posts
Congratulations with passing you sneaky little eel:)
What is MOT btw? similar to the EU aprovel we need to do every second year?
Check CO2 emition , breaks, rust, faulty bulbs and so on

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Congratulations with passing you sneaky little eel:)
What is MOT btw? similar to the EU aprovel we need to do every second year?
Check CO2 emition , breaks, rust, faulty bulbs and so on
Yes, but ours is every 12months.

Sent from my 4.2.1 Jellybean Galaxy Nexus

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
good news.. mine passed last twice no dramas as well.... hope it keeps up!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I thought he new rules would fail it, still, make use of the year!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
In Australia, for New South Wales at least, our equivalent to the MOT is not required until the car is over 5 years old. Then it is every 12 months.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,863 Posts
When I lived in NZ the "Warrant of Fitness" was every 6 months! But I think it may have become annual since I left.

There are inconsistent regulations concerning HIDs... VOSA specify different requirements for the MoT than DoT do for traffic regulations. So - even if you pass an MoT with HIDs fitted - you might then get stopped by the Police for having a technically unroadworthy vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
hello all ,I took my type r for mot today ,the car has hids which are fitted out of sight inside the bulb covers on the headlight units ,100w pure white highs and led side lights,my car has no headlight washers our self leveling suspension,she flew through the mot with no advisorys so I am well chuffed now:D:D:D
Are they Actualy HID's with the ballasts or just xenon bulbs.
As with xenon bulbs your allowed them without washers etc.
Graham

1 - 12 of 12 Posts