2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FN2 got 4 years old now and was due for an Mot test.
Prior to that I had to change my manifold for the OEM one to get my car through the emissionstest.

The lambdasensors were a PITA to get loose as it felt they had welded themselves to the manifold.
Due to timeconstraints I barely managed to make myself a new map for this combination. It was more or less botched together but luckily the car sailed through the emissionstest.

While I was at it I decided the car could do with a new ancillary drivebelt as the old one had seen 47000 km now and looked a bit raggedy.

Admire my special tool I used to change the belt. Just a matter of wriggling it between the belt tensioner and the alternator pulley and release the pressure from the tensioner.
My car passed the Mot test without major obstacles so now I can drive another two years without worries.

Paul.

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
2 yearzs? we should be so lucky in the uk!
You are lucky. In some countries you have to swap out a bit more than just an exhaust manifold to get through an MOT.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You are lucky. In some countries you have to swap out a bit more than just an exhaust manifold to get through an MOT.
The whole MOT test was a bit of a slapstick cartoon as the MOT tester hadn`t done an FN2 before actually.
He didn`t know how to start the car to get it on the carlift.
Since I have an Exedy stage 1 clutch on my car he stalled the car several times before managing to drive it on the lift.
Luckily my car sailed through the emissionstest without a hitch as I didn`t have the time to map the car properly but the tester didn`t even look at the CO values.
It also had a relocated battery and he asked if this was the OEM install.
"yes, it is" I replied trying to look convincingly.
Then he assumed my Noswizard direct port nitrous sytem was an LPG install but I corrected him on that.
By now he probably thought "better get rid of that car or I will look stupid" so he gave me the approval which was good for me since I still had my semi slick tyres mounted and they are no longer allowed on the streets here in Holland.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.