2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Can somebody tell me his experience about motul 300v 5w-40 oil. Is it same like fuch titan s because i can not buy that in Serbian. When i need to change that oil,on 10 000km like others oils? Can i drive far distance with it or is just for short ones and races?
Honda fn2.
Thank you!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That oil is formulated for racing and hard driving, so you should change it in 10.000 km or less. Maybe if you do normal driving can be more, but in that case this oil is not for you.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F mediante Tapatalk
Some times i do normal driving sometimes not but when i drive car hard i have big oil use with my shell and i heard for this oil.But this oil is ok ror long traveling with mixture of normal and hard driving?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
it's a 100% racing oil. I had in my Fn2 for some months but it's not needed for a street car. You need to change that oil every 5.000 km. because it have less additives. Great oil but not for street cars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a 100% racing oil. I had in my Fn2 for some months but it's not needed for a street car. You need to change that oil every 5.000 km. because it have less additives. Great oil but not for street cars.
are you sure for 5000km? I heard that you need to change it on 10 000km. Is same oil like fuch titan pro s?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
are you sure for 5000km? I heard that you need to change it on 10 000km. Is same oil like fuch titan pro s?
The 300V it's not oil for 10.000 km. That is for normal oils.
It's an oil with less aditives, so less time of use.
it's completly different from fuch titan pro s.
The fuch titan is a street oil. Very good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 300V it's not oil for 10.000 km. That is for normal oils.
It's an oil with less aditives, so less time of use.
it's completly different from fuch titan pro s.
The fuch titan is a street oil. Very good.
But both are estern oils?What is a main different?
i know but i can not find that in my country.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
But both are estern oils?What is a main different?
i know but i can not find that in my country.
both are double ester.
The diference is the additives.
You can buy in this site:
Opie Oils - Automotive Fluids, Oils, Parts, Tools

From motul:
"the 300V is not designed for extended oil change intervals, therefore it should be changed after track/race events, at 3000 miles on ultra high performance street vehicles or at 5000 miles on lower performance engine"

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you man. Its too expensive for me post office cost form that site :/ I must buy something good in my country. I will go motul 8100 x cess. Is that better than my shell ultra 5w-40 because i am burning that oil like water :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting, I was planning to put some 300V in my FN2, but I'm not sure anymore that it's what I need ! Maybe I'll go with Royal Purple like for my other car ...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting, I was planning to put some 300V in my FN2, but I'm not sure anymore that it's what I need ! Maybe I'll go with Royal Purple like for my other car ...
I put motul 8100 x cess in the end and its very good oil. I have very big oil use with shell but now with motul none so far :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
My colleague was using 300V in his FN2 with normal change interval of 10000km.
He's currently swapped to what I'm using, which is Econergy 5W30, which costs half as much as the 300V.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Its expensive but great oil. Ive used in multiple cars including some from 0 miles to 40k over 4 years daily and track.

My fn2 was run on nanodrive from 0 miles to current mileage so will stick with it. If it had been 300v id have carried on using that.

Lots of good oils out there.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I have the same dilemma. Motul 300V or Fuchs Titan Pro Race S.

A friend of mine was very pleased with Fuchs over Motul and he said he had 0 consumption of oil and the sound of engine was the best of all oils he used. Other friends use Motul and they have a consumption of 1 litre of oil every 3-4000 km.
Motul have double ester technology, don't know if this make such a big difference between this two.

Really hard to find relevant information (tech specs) for Fuchs Titan Pro Race S :(.

At this moment I use Eneos Sustina and I have a consumption of 1 litre / 3-4000 km.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts