2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it possible to fit a mountain bike (preferably 2) in the back of a Type-R?

If not, any roof racks etc that fit?

EDIT: It's a FN2.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
My mountain bike fits fine into the back of my Type S, although I usually take the front wheel off to make it easier.

This is with the bike lying on its side, after folding the back seats down (no need to remove the parcel shelf)

Not sure about putting two in though.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Honda do a transport one bike in your car holder:
08L07-SMG-600

Looks like only one bike and no spare wheel.

They also do a bike roof rack for the 3 door cars.
08L07-TA1-600B, use in combination with roof rack 08l02-smg-601/601a
Looks like you may be able to have two of those next to each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I always just lay mine down in the back with the seats folded down. It fits fine with the front wheel removed. At this time of year it is also advisable to lay a large plastic sheet down to stop any mud etc. getting on the fabric. Never had two bikes in mine but a friend who has an EX has without any problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Forgot to say that if you go for the roof rack option Honda need to cut a part of the strip out the runs along the side of the roof and there have been reports that the rack itself is very hard to fit. Thule do a roof rack that has different fittings but I don't think they do a version for a three dor Civic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I stick mine in a bike bag (stops the interior getting trashed) and it fits perfectly with the rear seats down.

Could easily get another one (possible two) in if in similar bags.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent, thanks guys. Car is leased so don't (can't) want to go modifying the roof to fit a bike rack. My preferred option is to use a bike bag (or big tarp in the back), so it's great that this will work! Cheers! :)

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Found this whilst looking at transporting mountain bikes. Considered that interior attachment a few times, but still unsure lol Is it only for 3 door cars?

Has anyone got one, it looks quite usefull, apart from the obvious problem of biking in the UK....mud!!! Which is why im leaning more towards a bike bag and hoping to be able to lay 2 on top of each other to get 2 transported around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts