2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody recall having a similar problem....

On our FN2 10 plate, when pulling off slowly, there is a mouse squeak coming from the car and will occur up to 17mph! It squeaks as the wheel does one full rotation then will stop and then will come back again once the wheel has done its full rotation. I know it could be a few possibilities but just wanted to know if anybody has had the same and what its likely to be.

Cheers [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
How long you had it for? I noticed mine had it yesterday but dissapeared after a drive.

You done any brake replacements/modifications?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was wondering if it could be the brakes as well to be fair. Do they had a pad sensor warning? Just thinking we had the car about 7-8 weeks ago now and its on 20k and not sure if the pads have been changed. Could do with checking them when i get abit of time.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spank my car - we do short journeys really and the differnece i noticed is we had drove around quite a bit on saturday doing a few things and it started to squeak after driving quite abit. Didnt do it from cold. Probably once we had drove 30 miles or so.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Spank my car - we do short journeys really and the differnece i noticed is we had drove around quite a bit on saturday doing a few things and it started to squeak after driving quite abit. Didnt do it from cold. Probably once we had drove 30 miles or so.
I have the very same problem from drivers wheel

·
Registered
90 Posts
Definately recommend checking the brakes mate.
Happened to my back left wheel, it started off intermittently then it turned into a very embarrasing squel.
Change the brakes on both back wheels and it was gone - reason being the pad was too low and the metal scratch pad was touching the discs

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
I know it may sound stupid but check your wheel bolts are tight. If your brake discs have been changed in the past and the locating nuts on the discs had been drilled out you would have a squeek if the nuts are loose (as the disc's are only been held in by the wheel bolts and any play would casue it to catch on the pads/wobble)

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I had this too.

Take brake pads out and file down the shoulders. The brade pads stick and don't retract when not in use.
This should cure it.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah the handbrake is fine pal. Its not done it now for a good week or so. I was actually changing the fog light bulbs on Sunday and checked the front pads and i would say they have about 1500 miles left on them if we are lucky! lol. im trying to find the best price for a standard set of pads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts