2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,616 Posts
We have posted asking Civ_Admin to create a 11G section but so far ...........

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,616 Posts
Still more Accord than Civic IMO

Reactions: rogp1

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks very elegant - but that is the booted one, which we'd probably call the Accord anyway ... ???

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice, but bigger and wider, so not for me.....

Reactions: rogp1

·
Registered
264 Posts
Be interesting to see the hatchback and interior

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
As others said looks like saloon audi and rear quarter reminded bmw x6. Very strange design and rather revolution than evolution.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Touchscreen's in a pretty stupid place - you'll be leaning out of default position to reach it ... not impressed!!

Al.

·
i-Vtec
4,426 Posts
Touch screens are pretty stupid full stop. You cant touch your phone while driving, and quite rightly so, yet you can tap away on the built in touch screen infotainment system till the cows come home. Figure that one out.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,616 Posts
As I'm driving around I see loads of 8G Civics and considerably less 9G and 10G.

Honda should realise the market is for the 8G footprint. A lot, like me, don't want a more difficult to 'park or garage' car.

I'm seriously looking at the Jazz CrossStar as it's footprint is manageable.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most of that increase in size strangely seems to be the bonnet - with 'smaller' engines.
With my 8G I had no problems reaching the windscreen from the front bumper, with the 10G, 6" of the increase must be in the bonnet region alone!!

Al.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I find that new design a bit bland looking, though no doubt Honda are very aware that the 10G styling is rather Marmite and has no doubt depressed sales in Europe for what we all know is an excellent car. Loving the interior look. Main thing I'm looking out for is the powertrains for UK/Europe. I'm assuming it will be hybrid-only. A full electric would be nice to see, but trying to do both hybrid and electric on the same platform leads to compromise. Anything electric will need better than the 17 miles of range and £30k price tag they've managed in the Honda e.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seems very 'Euro-Generic' - bland I suppose.
Still stylish.
I still don't like apparently having to reach further for the touch-screen - hopefully voice commands will be prevalent or perhaps restricted interaction when above a certain speed, perhaps 20 km/h?

Al.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That canted H-badge reminds me of the older Accords. Rear is something generic VAG-like. Dashboard resembles the one from the Honda E. It almost looks like Honda is shooting for the segment with the motorway cruisers like the Audi A3 or BMW 3-series. They can certainly exceed in terms of quality, reliability, TCO and what not, but if the price is in the same segment, they'll be loosing their loyal fan base, I'm afraid. 10th gen was already half way through the door, imo. Almost seems like they are trying to reinvent themselves time and time again. Maybe the Jazz is our new... holy balls £19k for the base model. Honda... get it together!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,616 Posts
I agree, my 9G Civic will not be replaced with a huge new Civic but possibly a Jazz or Crosstar.

When my Civic goes in for service in Feb I'm planning to organise a Crosstar test drive and I will be giving the Jazz a good scrutiny. The Crosstar is top at the moment because it has a better sound system and softer suspension.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maybe when the 11D model goes live its threads on here will be livelier than those on the 10G section, that is pretty dead, with the 9G section not much better

1 - 20 of 27 Posts