2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Maybe when the 11D model goes live its threads on here will be livelier than those on the 10G section, that is pretty dead, with the 9G section not much better

That relies on people buying the car first :p

Seems that most activity now is on Facebook groups, which is a shame as the content is far more transient - No good for longer discussion& "guide" topics.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Any news yet on the drivetrain for these new models? I assume there will be no petrol-only anymore. So definitely hybrid, but not sure about full electric. I'm also hoping Honda will draw from the NSX and give the Type R hybrid AWD. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
836 Posts
The R will be 2 wd 6 sp manual no hybrid just a minor upgrade from the current one which is great news although the 12th gen will prob have to be hybrid .
There will be no diesel, I'm hoping the petrol will be mild hybrid like the Ford 155ps ecoboost so still drives like a petrol with a 6sp manual and doesn't need charging.
I'm sure there will be a fully electric version along soon too.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
As I'm driving around I see loads of 8G Civics and considerably less 9G and 10G.

Honda should realise the market is for the 8G footprint. A lot, like me, don't want a more difficult to 'park or garage' car.

I'm seriously looking at the Jazz CrossStar as it's footprint is manageable.
I measured the width of my friend's 10th gen 1.5 turbo sport and I cannot fit one down the drive at the side of my house. My 8th gen only just goes, so I agree with you.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
TBH having had both, the main difference is the length - 10G is much longer than the 8G.
I didn't find much difference in the overall width - perhaps that's mirror design related?

Most of the length difference isn't inside the cabin either, but the bonnet - about a foot longer!

Al.

·
Registered
836 Posts
From what I've been reading recently in the motoring press, the 11th gen Type R will be fwd manual with a slight power increase on the current engine, also the Civic Si will be 6sp manual. Honda did say that all the mainstream models with be hybrid/electric from 2022 (exception of the sporty models), now fingers crossed seen as the 11 gen will be made and imported to the UK from the USA that we will slso get the Si model with the 1.5 turbo engine and manual box, which will prob be my next car!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts