2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any trouble when playing MP3 disks. By problems I mean when I play the disk it always misses the first folder.

·
Registered
130 Posts
YES I have had that, my player starts with Folder 2!!! Dont know why, was going to ask Honda when I booked it in for a service.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I think that the root might be counted as a folder; it used to be on my old MP3 player?

·
Registered
230 Posts
yeh, the root folder is folder 1, any folders added on the root folder will count from folder 2 and onwards.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the player plays both MP3's and WMA files. I have mixed albums, some albums are wma files and some MP3's. It would seem that for some reason the tracks that are WMA dont show up. Strange I know. I am going to do a disk with just WMA tracks on.

PS did you know it plays R/W disks... 8)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't get this folder business, when I copied, say, 6 folders (each an ablum) and burnt them onto a disk, the player did not bring them up?

Could someone do a [HOW TO] on this subject, some screen shots would be good............. :(

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Just copy MP3 onto a blank CD, folders do not matter.

Remember that parent folders count as well as ones with stuff in so..

ROOT
- Mansun
- Six [FOLDER 2]
- Attack of the Grey Lantern [FOLDER 3]
- Sigur Rós
- Von [FOLDER 5]
- Recycle Bin [FOLDER 6]

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
If you have iTunes, make sure that your files are actually in mp3 format. Irritatingly enough the files are by default encoded into AAC files.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I made an MP3 (actually WMA) CD using Media player 11 and it works great. Folders, albums etc. etc. all fine.

Before I did it, I spent ages on google trying things like "mp3 cd layout" to get some clues, most certainly in need of a "How To". I might do some fiddling over the weekend.

Note that WMA's are smaller (about 20%) than MP3's.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Yeah.. jsut find the mp3s on your PC.... the select the ones you want, right click, then "Send To" then choose the CD...

you'll see the files listed under the CD drive in My Computer (or the window pops up with the files to be written)..

then just hit "write these files to CD" or whatever it says in the window (pretty self explanatory)

there's help in the windows help system too, as always

·
Registered
73 Posts
If I get the album folders and burn them, does the car mp3 show each folder? or each song in one long list?

·
Registered
24 Posts
It shows the folders. I burned my first batch as

\\<ARTIST>\<ALBUMNAME>\<TRACK>.mp3

but given the limited capacity of a CD-R (8 or 9 albums at 192kbits/sec) it's probably not worth bothering with the artist folders. I think I'll be spending plenty of time composing several very long compilation CD's soon...

--Rich

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
I have used various pieces of software for burning MP3's, but find that Media Monkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com/) is one of the best around. It allows you to change the ID tags and download track info etc as well as how tracks are recorded i.e. \\<ARTIST>\<ALBUMNAME>\<TRACK>. All round it is a very comprehensive package. 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
I know the player plays both MP3's and WMA files. I have mixed albums, some albums are wma files and some MP3's. It would seem that for some reason the tracks that are WMA dont show up. Strange I know. I am going to do a disk with just WMA tracks on.

PS did you know it plays R/W disks... 8)
I have tonight successfully created a CD with a mix of MP3's & WMA's on it, in a number of different folders, and the CD player in the car plays all of them perfectly. The display jumps between MP3 & WMA depending on what is playing. I ripped the tracks from CD's using Windows Media Player using a bit rate of 128 kbps and managed to get approx 220 tracks on the compilation. Its great!

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK Here's a question (and my first post for that matter :) ) has anyone had a problem with some .mp3's skipping/jumping very frequently during playback. I have a CD with albums in different folders, some albums play fine and others just don't want to work properly. These same mp3's play fine on my PC

1 - 20 of 37 Posts