2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to make the id-tags scroll constantly so you can see which song you're playing? mine only does it once and then shows only which fits on the screen...?

1.8 Sport radio

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
The 'DISP' button allows you to scroll through, but I don't think you can set it to auto-scroll constantly.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
I never cease to be amazed at what I learn from this site. I didn't realise that I even had a DISP button never mind being able to scroll through the ID3 tags :oops: :D

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
Another question regarding mp3 playback.

These days, you get "mixed cd's" where say track 3 mixes into track 4 without any gaps.

My kenwood headunit was brilliant on mp3 playback and having no gap between tracks, but almost every other headunit make has a gap in between mp3 tracks.

Does the honda do this? (leave a gap between each mp3 track??)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
stu_iow said:

These days, you get "mixed cd's" where say track 3 mixes into track 4 without any gaps.

My kenwood headunit was brilliant on mp3 playback and having no gap between tracks, but almost every other headunit make has a gap in between mp3 tracks.

Yep :(

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
oh no!!

Much?

Looking at the civic, it looks like it could be hard to replace the standard system with another (being built into the dash).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gah no crossfading, oh well I'm used to it now anyway after a year of having the Kenwood iPod adapter in my 206, the one thing Apple missed a trick on. Had crossfade in iTunes but conveintly left the option out of the iPod :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
stu_iow said:
oh no!!

Much?

Looking at the civic, it looks like it could be hard to replace the standard system with another (being built into the dash).
No - less than half a second...

Glen

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Nadz said:
where is the disp button? is it on the 1.4??? I cannot find it
It's on the left hand side of the CD opening slot.

·
Registered
347 Posts
basegreen said:
stu_iow said:

Yep :(
Not necessarily, as the gap is introduced by the recording software. I listen to a lot of audio books, where the book is split into equal length tracks, often mid-word, where a gap would be annoying to say the least.

If you rip a CD directly to MP3 (or WMA), there is no gap. However, I have had problems when ripping to wav files and then converting to mp3/wma - I need to do this sometimes to remove pops and bangs etc. The crudest technique to avoid this is to burn the audio files to a CD image, where you can specify the inter-track gap, and then convert the tracks on the image file to mp3.

It is fairly obvious from this, that the inter track gap is definable within both mp3 and wma files. However, I haven't yet found anything that lets you define it directly. Has anyone else any ideas on this one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts