2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What am I doing wrong? :( (Please :))

I've created an MP3 CD (finally!), with about 6 CDs on it, each in a different sub folder.

It loads ok, without huge pause before it gets going, and after about 20 seconds, the track lists display ok...

Except.
When I choose the folder+ button, it happily goes to the next folder - but the track list still displays the tracks of the one I was on?
And if I then use the dial wheel to select a track, it goes back to that track in the previous folder :(
Pressing the skip>> button works as it 'should', going to the next track in the current folder :)

any ideas please?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Yes, mine is the same and I guess that that's the way it is, not as integrated as it could be. For example, the track list display does not follow any selection made from the steering wheel controls.
Also, have you noticed that song titles are truncated more than is neccessary, I think to 16 characters ?.
Regards, pcr.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You should find that given time (a few minutes) the track list will update to whatever album is playing, I think it just takes a whil to readthe disc and bring all the info onto the screen hence all the pauses. Of course if you have it playing in track random then you're stuffed :)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL - good point :)

I'll try it again when I next pop out and see if I was just being too impatient :oops:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have no problems displaying folder/track info. I have the display set to show track name (or the beginning of!). When I change folder, with wheel control or dial, the next album starts playing, then a few seconds later, the new track name comes up. I would like it to show you the name of the folder you have switched to, but you can usually tell what album you have withing a few seconds.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I think you'll find you need to push the top centre of the wheel to the right first, otherwise you are just going up and down through tune selections.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tried a few things over the last few days...

let folder 2 load up and start playing
wait for a bit till track names appear
folder + to folder 3
leave it playing for ages (several tracks), but still no track name updates

flick the control dial right for track list - still lists tracks for folder 2

press the dial - seems to go back to folder 2, track 1

BUT - if I stop, turn car off, spend the day in the office, leave work, turn car on - it quite happily loads up folder 3, plays from where it stopped, and displays folder 3 tracks on the track list!

This could all well be down to my cack handed attempts at creating the MP3 CD in the first place, so if it's just me I'll live with it till I meet up with you guys and borrow one of your CDs :D (please :wink:)

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
this must be just on the EX's that you guys are having problems as the ES is fine, does the EX list all the track on sat nav screen, as this might be the issue that it's struggling to display track names quickly, compared to just the one track name on the ES

1 - 8 of 8 Posts