2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my civic for 4 weeks and since then whenever I use the USB connection to listen to MP3's a random message appears saying unreadable.

This can happen during any song and never at the same point during a track.
It can work perfect for days then repeat the message randomly time after time
switching the unit off then back on again usually solves the problem until the next time.
the track often starts back up again at the same point it stopped working after the unit is switched off and on.

any suggestions on causes? its not the USB stick as I have tried more than 2 and the same problem occurs.

any help much appreciated.
R

Ryan

·
Registered
4 Posts
same problem

I'd be interested to know whether and how this was solved, as I have the same issue. I've just moved from an 06 to a 10 civic and am struggling with the random unreadable USB problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I taped the dub stick to the inside wall of my arm rest compartment and for 3 days have had no issues. Heres hoping !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think its due to a poor connection using the honda adaptor cable. securing the USB stops the movement so it seems to have stopped the problem....... for now! lol

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
i had exactly the same problem when i was using a 4 GB stick...even with changing bit rate etc.Once i changed to a 2GB stick, all has been fine! Shame the car goes tomorrow after spending £60 on the cable :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sadly the tape hasn't made any difference. I've also tried different memory stick, and different recording bitrates, all without success. ANy other suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really! Since mine has been secured It's been perfect. (touch wood) I have even removed it and updated the USB and all is ok. Maybe try swapping the Honda USB cable if you know anyone that uses the same cable ok swap for a week or two ?

R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts