2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

Compiled a cdr today with MP3's (bit rate acceptable according to owner's manual) and guess what? Correct - discs error.

Tried again, differing bit rate, but still within level - you guessed. Disc error. Annoyingly, the same cdr giving the error plays fine on the desktop and my Marantz CD7300!

Plays wav cd's fine (from the same batch of cdr's) and also shop bought cd's - would I be right in thinking it's tewh brand of the cdr with MP3 files?

I haven't got another batch of cdr's to try the theory and quite an annoying issue! :confused:

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
nero sometimes writes discs out in UDF format which i know the civic player won't play
make sure your are writing your disks out in ISO format
it's an easy thing to miss i know i have once or twice

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nero sometimes writes discs out in UDF format which i know the civic player won't play
make sure your are writing your disks out in ISO format
it's an easy thing to miss i know i have once or twice
Thanks for that - ISO is indeed already set so, I guess that narrows down the possibilities?

·
Administrator
21,239 Posts
Reduce the burn speed ?

I never tried to go above 4x before I had USB in the car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reduce the burn speed ?

I never tried to go above 4x before I had USB in the car.
Hmmmm.....thanks.

Not sure about that otherwise would they still play OK on the Desktop and also my Marantz (and all other devices for that matter)?

Puzzler, but I'll try reducing the burn speed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine has never played cd-rw's only cd r's even though the manual states it will:confused: My other car has a JVC player in it that plays MP3 cd's, when I take the cd out, i normally have to put it in, then take it out about 3 or 4 times before it will read it, I think they are just alot more sensitive with MP3 cd's than they used to be with pre-recorded cd's.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So - had a new go, cd finalised, ISO is automatic - no worky. Same error message.

Never had this problem with any other player - in car or otherwise!

·
Administrator
21,239 Posts
Strange

You've followed all the rules:

Slower burn speed
Finalised
Burnt as a 'data' CDR in Nero ?

If all OK I give up :confused:

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
Sounds like the head unit is getting pinnicky.

Some of our truck head units do the same and it's bloody annoying.

oh.. I use K3B burner.

Unfortunately the only way you can use that, apart from installing Linux (or run from a persistant LIVE usb stick) is to install KDE for windows

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cracked it - that took some doing and as usual, my error.

In my haste with Nero, I skimmed down the burning menu and selected CD ROM as I usually do for an MP3 disc. This would not work and really started to boil my p*ss after repeated attempts, etc.

Now, if I had been a bit more selective and paid more attention, if I skimmed for ther down the list of burning options within Nero, I would have spotted CD ROM (ISO). All would have been well if I had chosen this option.

Success and thanks for all your input folks.........much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Cracked it - that took some doing and as usual, my error.

In my haste with Nero, I skimmed down the burning menu and selected CD ROM as I usually do for an MP3 disc. This would not work and really started to boil my p*ss after repeated attempts, etc.

Now, if I had been a bit more selective and paid more attention, if I skimmed for ther down the list of burning options within Nero, I would have spotted CD ROM (ISO). All would have been well if I had chosen this option.

Success and thanks for all your input folks.........much appreciated.
i did say make sure your writing out in ISO format :)

same thing got me when i wrote my first mp3 disc out for the civic

1 - 19 of 19 Posts