2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Was randomly playing with the sat nav and came across all the ecodrive stuff which made me think about the info screen on the oem units.

The challenge is split into 2.

Superplus E5 and unleaded E10.

Ive stopped using 97 to 99ron due to it running too rich imo and pooping carbon like a tdi on veg oil (ok slight exaggeration) on bettys porcelain botty.

Mine
Shell unleaded 95 + redex fuel additive every fill, alternate with BP UL +redex

Open to all models and generations that can:)

Im personally liking E10, car seems to run smoother engine doesnt seem to sound as harsh and mpg has remained impressive and less carbon on back :)

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
All Honda models or just 9G

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
Look at my Honda model and try again :D

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
It does have an ICE but mainly to charge the powerpack. It's currently sitting on 68.1mpg but it's only done 19 urban miles.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does have an ICE but mainly to charge the powerpack. It's currently sitting on 68.1mpg but it's only done 19 urban miles.
Pics! :)

Very nice mate. Fancy an old jazz as a daily runner, currently using a mazda 2 takuma but we cleaning her up and selling on in a couple weeks.

Mid clean lol

·
Registered
577 Posts
Very nice mate. Fancy an old jazz as a daily runner, currently using a mazda 2 takuma but we cleaning her up and selling on in a couple weeks.
Just be wary to the fact the old Jazz's up to around 2012 have their cat's underneath the car near the drivers door and are easy to steal. Usually rendering them a full loss write off.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
View attachment 320810
This was on a run on the way back from Skegness. It's the most economical car I've owned!
very nice :)

im jealous of the type r 8, the 9g the speedo stays white :( everything else goes red though.

if you wanna clean up that fascia plate, take a look at Platix p-x by maguires, it brought mine up a treat, justy go gentle to begin with as it can leave micro scratches you will spot in direct sunlight as it has a mild abrasive property.

i had weird water like stains on my speedo area display and dials i used it on speed and the dials which had the wierd marks on the faceplates.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
very nice :)

im jealous of the type r 8, the 9g the speedo stays white :( everything else goes red though.

if you wanna clean up that fascia plate, take a look at Platix p-x by maguires, it brought mine up a treat, justy go gentle to begin with as it can leave micro scratches you will spot in direct sunlight as it has a mild abrasive property.

i had weird water like stains on my speedo area display and dials i used it on speed and the dials which had the wierd marks on the faceplates.
Na, toothpaste cleans up the plate for free o_O

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Steering part

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Just to mess things up around here, here's my best in a 1.6 idtec (62 miles distance, steady at 68 mph with cruise control) = 70.62 mpg. :D

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just to mess things up around here, here's my best in a 1.6 idtec (62 miles distance, steady at 68 mph with cruise control) = 70.62 mpg. :D
Lol , here was me feeling pretty chuffed hitting 38.7 on esso e10 today heading to work lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts